Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; If it has Power Headrests, then yes it is & it also has 22-way power seats in front. Very Very ...
    Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

If it has Power Headrests, then yes it is & it also has 22-way power seats in front. Very Very Rare car ! Good Luck. You got something special there.

nsharma1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

Thank you Sandy for your reply.

Also, trying to figure out what the actual color of this car is...Its a medium to dark slate type blue with a dark blue top...I think it was manufactured in June of 1991. And once again, is there anything special I should look for seeing as I don't know a lot about these cars?

Sorry I'm new to this site so if the question has already been asked then please bear with me....Does anyone know how many 1991 Sixty Specials with the Ultra option were made...I live in Vancouver, Canada and I'm in the process of buying one...It has a medium blue paint and a dark blue roof...Also, where would I find the paint code...I can post the VIN if that helps. Any info you have would be appreciated cause I'm still kinda on the fence about this car cause the dealers wants $3900 (CDN) and I'm offering $3000...It has 96K miles and original paint. Also has a astroroof,cd player,power headrest and block heater (in a bag)...Is this a good deal?

1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special Production:-

309 in Black-Sapphire (Navy)
    213 in Cotillion White
    161 in Sable Black
    103 in Royal Maroon
    098 in Sapphire Blue Firemist
    097 in Platinum Silver
    084 in Dark Slate Gray
    070 in Medium Slate Gray
    051 in Carmine Red
    042 in Light Sapphire Blue
    015 in Mary Kay Pink
    010 in Pastel Slate Gray
    1,253 Made in total.

Antelope Firemist; Cameo Ivory; Light Auburn and Dark Auburn were not available on the Sixty Special due to the limited interior colors on it

Just wondering, of the 1,253 1991 Sixty Specials how many had the Ultra package?

Well I finally took the car for a test drive...couldn't before cause the fuel pump had to be replaced. It runs fairly smooth in the city but when it you hit 80 kph on the highway the wind noise from the roof is out of this world. Funny thing, it seems to be sitting pretty good but a hair low in the back when its fully closed. Is there an adjustment for this and does anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks again and you guys are a fountain of knowledge so please keep it coming.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by nsharma1999
    Sorry I'm new to this site so if the question has already been asked then please bear with me....Does anyone know how many 1991 Sixty Specials with the Ultra option were made...I live in Vancouver, Canada and I'm in the process of buying one...It has a medium blue paint and a dark blue roof...Also, where would I find the paint code...I can post the VIN if that helps. Any info you have would be appreciated cause I'm still kinda on the fence about this car cause the dealers wants $3900 (CDN) and I'm offering $3000...It has 96K miles and original paint. Also has a astroroof,cd player,power headrest and block heater (in a bag)...Is this a good deal?
    That does sound like a good deal! As long as everything works. There is some wind noise on these cars (mine is essentially the same) and I would have liked a quieter engine and more insulation in the firewall, etc. My Fleetwood seems to be a bit rough with tire pressure over 32, but they recommend 30 psi and it floats on that.

I just spent $694 on new coolant, flush, upper rad hose (it collapsed due to a faulty rad cap) Heatercore (plugged up from not driving much) rubber tranny lines and thermostat. That was just MAINTENANCE and the dealersips will soak you for labour at $78 poer hour. (in Saskatoon anyway)

Welcome aboard. You should buy a Smart Car because I hear you can park for free in Vancouver with those.

Mine is a 1993 Sixty Special, with a mere 9,840 miles on it. It has always had a considerable amount of wind Hisss from the power glass sun roof.

There were NO Ultras in 1989-1992. The ULTA was 1 year only: 1993.

1989, 1990
    1991 & 1992

Fleetwood and
    Sixty Special

1993:

Sixty Special and
    U L T R A

Sandy you say there were no Ultras made in 1991...I could have swore I read somewhere that if the car has the power headrests and the 22 way power seats, it is an Ultra...This car has the following features/options:

- astroroof
    - leather
    - power seats (driver and pass side) with power headrests, exit and memory
    - rear seat reading lights
    - Bose stereo with CD
    - power trunk closer
    - block heater (does that mean it has the Cold Weather Package)
    - windshield heater
    - keyless entry
    - factory alarm

So can anyone tell me how many of these 91's were made?

I did tell you. Refer to post # 49 herein.

What yourefer to reading I actually wrote, but it referred to 1993, not 1991.

Cadillac changed the names for 1993.

From 1989 to 1992 there was the Fleetwood and the upscale Sixty Special

In 1993, because they shifted the Fleetwood name to the then all new rear wheel drive car, shared with Buick as the Roadmaster & Chevrolet as the Caprice, they then re-named what WAS the Fleetwood of 1989-1992 the Sixty Special and the UPmarket version as the ULTRA. These car were discontinued at the end of the 1993 model year, in June of 1993.

Rick Franklin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Greetings all. Im a new owner of an 89 Fleetwood Sixty Special with the super duper 15 million position power seats. Several questions....its a BLACK car, paint code 41....is that the Black Sapphire or the Sable Black?. It has the gray leather interior.....also, is there anywhere o send for copy of the original window sticker?....This car has 107,000 miles...very clean and straight...im the 2nd owner....just bought it for $2700 from my local Cadillac dealer

If the car is black, then it's "SAble Black"
    If the car is dark Navy Blue, then it's "Black-Sapphire"

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

So, is there any quick and dirty way to stop a Sixty over a plain Fleetwood?

I seem them from time to time, but rarely get to look at the back truck lid.

Front wheel drive Fleetwoods for 1989 & 1990 say "fleetwood on the side near the rear. If equipped WITH the Sixty Special interior option, there's a long skinney silver plaque immediately below the fleetwood (Shape of a cigar on that plaque). Stating SIXTY SPECIAL. For 1991 & 1992 they deleted that and added
    F L E E T W O O D lettering to the now wide(er) chromed bodyside moulding on the front door moulding section and moved the sixty special plaque from the side rear, around to the back, just below the deck lid, on the rear fascia panel.
    1993:
    No Fleetwood emblems, no longer called a Fleetwood as THAT name was moved over to the then new 1993 RWD Fleetwood & Fleetwood Brougham.

Only markings on the FWD "C" body are the same plaque stating Sixty Special again on the rear, just under the deck lid, on the rear fascia.

For '93 what was the Sixty Special OPTION became the ULTRA option, but there are no exterior marking to denote that a car is so equipped. One has to peer inside to see.

Go here;
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=56558
    anscroll down to post # 13. The top (grey) seat is a 1993 Sixty Special
    the middle picture is a 1989-1992 Sixty Special AND a 1993 ULTRA
    the bottom picture is that of a 1989-1992 Fleetwood.

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

I found a (not for sale by the looks of it) 2 door Fleetwood. I didn't get out to look what year.
    But, the roofline seems long to me. Is this "normal" for these cars? I have seen some 2 door Devilles and they don't look like the roof is this long.

It wasn't a 60 or an Ultra that I could tell.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.