Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 92...
    ClubMofo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

A 1992 should have a small silver plaque on both sides' rear quarter panels, just below the fleetwood script. That plaque will say"

SIXTY SPECIAL.

If they have fallen off ijn car washes, then look for 22-way directional power Dual front seats with horizontial stitching on the headrests. If so, it's a Very Rare Sixty Special/

Elrod is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sandy,
    You are full of good info!! Just reading about the SIXTY SPECIAL makes me want to go search the country for a few rare autos. I have been wanting to find an older Fleetwood, but now that I hear about those 7 model years, I will look with a better trained eye. THANKS A BUNCH
    Elrod

ClubMoFo, I told you wrong. I read "92" but the brain was set on "90". In 1992 were the individual letters spelling out F L E E T W O O D on the side front door moulding. The SIXTY SPECIAL plaque is on the BACK of the car, on the right side, under the cadillac script. Sorry

hammer489 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N* AWD 1SG

Dont forget that the sixty special with the ultra package also had a power cupholder that comes in and out of the seat with the touch of a button.

I didn't add that because it was only on the 1989 & 1990. It was deleted for 1991 thru 1993. But, yes, it was a standard feature in 1989 & 1990.

GT4DD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    The following items were EXCLUSIVE to the Sixty Special, and were NOT AVAILABLE on the deVille:-

Dual Illuminated Rear Seat Visor Vanity Mirrors (Deleted when MoonRoof was ordered)
    Fender Skirts
    Rear Seat Individual Reading Lamps with Individual on/off Switchs
    Sandy, you state (and I have read elsewhere) that these items were not available on any but the Sixty Special. I am pretty darned sure that mine is not a Sixty Special (as evidenced by the thread in which I asked), but my Fleetwood does have these items: the rear-seat Vanity Mirrors, rear-seat Reading Lights, as well as fender skirts?

What gives?

Is it possible that the dealer that initially sold it installed these items? Could they have been super-special-ordered?

Cheers!
    -ToDD

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by GT4DD
    the rear-seat Vanity Mirrors, rear-seat Reading Lights, as well as fender skirts?

The rear-seat reading lights and fender skirts were standard on all the '89-'92
    front wheel drive Fleetwoods - coupes and sedans - as well as the '93 Sixty Special.
    The ceiling mounted rear vanity mirrors were standard on the sedans only, and not offered on the coupes at all.

jspeaect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Eldorado Biarritz, 1991 Sedan Deville

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Not the best condition, but even at that you just don't see them everyday especially with the ultra pkg! One of 68?

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Ultra package.. but without aluminum wheels.. interesting.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Sandy, can you please tell me how many White '93 coupe Devilles with white leather were made?????

I NEED to know how rare that lo-mi one is I found.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

More valuable and appreciated production info from Sandy.....

"In the final year for theCoupe de Ville {1993} 4,711 were made. Th emost popular color, was white {not rare} taking a good 24% of the production. However.... the Light Neutral Beige Roof was technicly not available!! With white, the "allowed" vinyl roof colors were either white, or Navy or Dark Red {Maroon}. Ohter colors were available on special order and required code BG6, "Special handling" ~ Such is this car !I have no way of telling how many were made in THIS combination, but for sure....not many.
    Here's the 1993 Coupe de Ville Build:-
    1,147 = Cotillion White = 24.4%
    0,543 = Sable Black = 11.5%
    0,536 = Carmine Red Metallic = 11.4%
    0,468 = Light Beige Metallic = 09.9%
    0,365 = Slate Green Metallic = 07.8%
    0,294 = Dark Cherry Metallic = 06.2%
    0,287 = Medium Sapphire Blue Firemist = 06.3%
    0,275 = Taupe Metallic = 06.1%
    0,267 = Black-Sapphire Metallic = 05.7%
    0,186 = Platinum Silver Metallic = 04.0%
    0,143 = Light Sapphire Blue Metallic = 03.0%
    0,119 = Slate Bronze Metallic = 02.5%
    0,057 = Academy Gray Metallic = 01.2%
    0,024 = Dark Plum Metallic = 00.5%"

jspano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 Deville

our 94 deville concours has some of those features mention

hammer489 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N* AWD 1SG

The other thing I think is noteworthy to mention is the different master cylinders used in the different years. I know that the 89 and 90 used the infamous GM powermaster (the master cylinder that uses an electric pump rather than vaccum to create the power). I have had all kinds of problems with mine on a 90 sixty special. They are super expensive to fix and very hard to find. I believe that the 91+ cars did not have that type of master cylinder so that may or may not be a contributing factor in purchase!

nsharma1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hi there. I just put an offer down on a 91 Fleetwood Sixty Special.The car is a medium blue with grey leather interior.It is fully loaded including power headrest.Dealer wanted $3900 (Canadian) and I offered $3000 which he'll likely accept.It has 96k and is in really good condition.

My only concern is the wires leading to the AC compressor have been cut but the dealer assures me the AC will be working before I drive it off the lot.

Is there anything I should specifically look for.This is my first Caddy.Also, is this the "Ultra" model.

Appreciate your reply.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.