Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; lol, this is my first sticky read...
    juiceE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): (rip 92deville rip 94 fwb) 97 ElDog

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

lol, this is my first sticky read

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

Is yours "Ultra" Sandy?

what great cars

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

No, I didn't get the ULTRA, because I wanted the white leather interior. ULTRAs only came with interiors of Grey, Navy, Dark Red & Black, none of which would have gone with my Deep Plum paint color.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Thats to bad oh well, still a awesome car. I am so surprised though that they had power head rests and 3 position lumbar and all that also seat memory. I know the Allante's had that but, just seems so ahead of its time. Of course thats Cadillac, ahead of its time.

The ULTRA Package seats picked up where the Allante's left off! I know the background about them. I've posted it somewhere on here before. The interesting theing (to me) about them is that allthough they were designed in Italy and licensed in Italy and copywrited in Italy, they were actually manufactured not only in the USA, but about 10 miles from my house, in Morristown, New Jersey ! (Who knew, back then ?) I learned that around 1995. I had to make the choice, and the White Leather was more important to me than the ULTRA seating package. I have no regrets, other than wondering why so much went into the seats (i.e. motors and servos and gears and switches) and in the end they only covered them in 3 leather covers for 89, 90 & 91 and then added black making 4 colors for 92 & 93. There were ALOT of exterior paint colors that one could not select, if they were opting for the $3,500.00 extra interior. I think it would have sold a bit better, if all paint colors had been available with it.

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

Does anyone have a picture of that light up C-Pillar emblem lit up? I wanna see that in action.

I don't have a picture, but since you are in NJ you could come over & see it in person GSP Exit # 148.

This is from Jacob Hoppe's website. He & I own 1993 Sixty Specials that we really care for. His is the Slate Green over Slate Green with Neutral leather and mine is Dark Plum over Dark Plum with White Leather. Jacob has a very good camera, and I don't! This is stolen from his web-site. It's taken at night, but trust me, it's on the "C" pillar.

http://younggotti.no-ip.org/Cadillac...C_CrestLit.jpg

It's a subtle blue-ish light. The wreath is not illuminated, only the crest. There is no bulb in it. It's Electro-Luminescent. It's actually a strip of paper inside that when electro-ed it glows very potently. For more explanation, type Electroluminescent into GOOGLE and you can read about the technology behind it.

Here's another example: It's a form of Neon, but not.....
    Here's a room without a single electrical outlet. Everything pictured is Electroluminescent!
    http://www.beingseen.com/images/theroom_gif.gif

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

Right, it's the same crap in my opera lights that I replaced and died again a week later. F'in things, I wanna replace them with some suitable substitute that won't have to be surgically removed, maybe LED's. If someone knows how to do this let me know, I'm dyin' to get those to work.

northjerseynick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Sandy,

I found a 93' Sixty Special in Wisconsin, for $4990

I dont know if this is exactly what you want ...but heres the number

888-216-8019

Not a Coupe. They built ONE (1) Coupe for 1993. I do know that it's "Dark Cherry" {Burgundy} with matching cloth interior....

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Looks like I will be putting my Sixty Special on ebay in 2 weeks.. I can't believe it has not sold for this price:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadill...hp?product=279

shredder130 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Spec

what about an 85 coupe fwd, mine is the only one i have ever seen that was dark purple

Sounds like something I'd like, but the mileage is probably higher than I'd like. What's on it?

ClubMofo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I noticed that the make up mirrors in the back seat were EXCLUSIVE to the sixty special...the Fleetwood I am thinkin about getting has those in the back. Does it make it a sixty special? It has everything except the sunroof. It has twice the options my old 89 Deville had. LoL I will flip out if I can get this car for 2000 bones. I might just sell it for 6000 and get me a decent car I really want.

I need to know the YEAR of the car you are looking at. Sixty Specials were made in 1987 thru & inclusive of 1993, or for 7 model years. They are extremely rare !!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.