Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Holy Mary what do I do now

1K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  zonie77 
#1 ·
Hey everyone this is my first time writing... I got a major problem with my 1994 Deville. just out of the blue while goin down 95 it just gave out on me, it was still running just no throttle response, will not engage in any gear, reverse and will roll even in park. It runs just fine just wont go anywhere I need help and bad!!

I already changed out the trans filter but have had little time to do much since I just got back from a deployment.

#4 ·
Might be a long shot but the plastic bushing at the end of the shift cable likes to loose a tooth and pop out, and if the tranny slips into another gear it will exhibit the same symptoms.

edit ^^ Zonie said the same thing

#7 ·
Ok went to check the diagnostic codes and got P030, P052, I052, where can I go to find out what those mean and how to correct them. Also I checked the shift cable and it seemed fine but when I disconnected the cable I was able to move the lever freely even while the car was on. Is that suppose to happen? (When I mean freely I mean that it still caught like I was shifting it myself)

#11 ·
It starts in the nuetral and park position like normal, but as I shift to 1st and back to park I hear a grinding noise as it shifts into park and will do the same thing when shifting to park from any other gear. Plus then I start it in nuetral the same grinding noise happens but constant like something is tring to engage.
Im sending it to a tranny shop soon but I want to do what I can and know as much as possible so I dont get ripped off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.