1993 Deville Instrument Cluster Removal?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 1993 Deville Instrument Cluster Removal? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 1993 Deville and the turn signal bulb and backlit bulb is burnt out, so I would like ...
    CadillacEtc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 4,2006 STS 4, 2000 Seville STS, 2004 XLR **SOLD**

1993 Deville Instrument Cluster Removal?

I have a 1993 Deville and the turn signal bulb and backlit bulb is burnt out, so I would like to replace the bulbs. Does anyone know how to remove the cluster? Do I remove the screw on the front of the dash?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Re: 1993 Deville Instrument Cluster Removal?

This sounds like a lot, but its pretty easy once you know how. You have to remove the top pad of the dashboard. There are screws behind each A/C vent, and three screws along the defroster vent. Do NOT try to remove the speaker grilles, as they are only removable from underneath. The dash just lifts off at this point. There is a screw on the steering column bowl that needs to be removed for the shift indicator. After that, there are two connectors, and three (I think) screws actually holding the cluster in. While you have it out, you might consider upgrading to a digital dash. As you will notice when you take it out, there is no speedometer cable, its all electronic so the conversion is actually pretty easy.

If I put in digital, is there any wiring coversion or just plug and play?

Very minor wiring. Two or three wires. One thing to watch, is the odometer is stored in the cluster. try to get one close to your current mileage if you have plans to sell the car in the future. Also, from what I can tell, you want one from 1989 up, preferably 1991 up due to the change oil soon light. Heres a bad picture of a car I did a conversion to (better one to come, probably an "action" shot in the 85 mph too low thread)

dubyuh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

where was that last screw? i was checking out the steering column, but i couldnt find any screw for the shift indicator... i couldve just missed it since it was dark, but just in case i didnt...

Theres a little cable (reminds me of fishing line) running from the shift indicator to the sleeve that is connected to the shifter (the whole part of the column that rotates when you shift) The screw is holding a little clip that has the cable on it to the shifter sleeve.

To get at the screw on the front vents, do you need to pop out those vents to get at the screws to get the dash out?

Pop them out. Its pretty easy once there all out. Just remember, do NOT try to remove the speaker grilles!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.