NEW and NEED some Help??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, NEW and NEED some Help?? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; whats up guys, im new to the forum and i need some help. Im about to purchase my first cadillac, ...
    whatsreallygood is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question NEW and NEED some Help??

whats up guys, im new to the forum and i need some help. Im about to purchase my first cadillac, but i got alot of questions. Their are two cars im deciding between rite now but i need to make a decision . One is a 93 fleetwood brougham, in really good condition, outside is excellent and inside there is just one lil rip in the leather on the drivers seat, test drove it and it rides nice but it has 147k and its $4500 , and the other is a 95 DeVille in the same condition outside but has a better interior cause there is no rip or anything, it has 88k and costs $6500. Here's some of my questions

1. Whats the difference between a Fleetwood and a Deville, it looks almost like the same body style except the fleetwood looks a lil longer to me, is the fleetwood more luxurious of a model, with more options or somethin? I remember i saw heated seat controls on the fleetwood i looked at and rear vanity mirrors and little things like that, i forgot to check if the 95 Deville i looked at had heated seats, do they usually come with them?

2. The 95 DeVille is all white but has a brown leather top on the whole top, if i bought this car is it possible to take this off?? is it easy to do?

3.I ordered a LCD pager car alarm off of ebay that has remote start and keyless entry and pop trunk, both of the cars already have keyless entry and the fleetwood has pop trunk, but i still want to use the one i ordered cause it has remote start and also the lcd pager you put on your key chain, would it be hard to put the alarm in these cadillacs because they already have a system in it, would i have to get all in the doors and take out the existin ones or somethin like that ( sorry i know nothin about alarms)

4. and one little thing the 95 DeVille is missing a callidac embellem on the side of the leather top, can u order these somewhere and how much do they cost?

thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: NEW and NEED some Help??

I would go with the latter... Lower mileage and better condition...

1. The difference is huge... The deville is a unibody (cant remmeber the code?) but the FW is in the B/D body family... Full frame cars, big V8, RWD... The deville has a FWD 4.9L that is very reliable, but the old 350 (iirc?) thats in the FW is good too... As far as actual options they are very similar but there are little touches I lke more on the FW...

2. I dont think you could get rid of it but you could easily get a new top.....

3. Shouldnt be too hard, I dont think... I dont know someone will chime in..

4. Shouldnt be too expensive, you could always go to a junkyard, pry one off and glue it on.....

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

BTW you could always buy my Q45.....

CadillacBlue5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If i was you i would get a deville not a coupe cause they are smaller, sedans are the best anything from 90-97

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.