Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Radiator plug broken

Radiator plug broken

It appears that my radiator plug has broken. Suddenly the coolant emptied & I have no clue as to the reason. It seems I can feel what may be the remains of the plug at the back botton driver's side of the radiator. What I can make contact with is level with the opening. This where the coolant drains out when I tested it to discover the source of the leak. It's difficult to reach with a tool. Any suggestions for removal/replacement?

This is a 1995 Deville 4.9 L

On edit: Could what I'm feeling be a ring or something that needs to stay?

Last edited by GordonOKC; 09-04-04 at 04:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Radiator plug broken

There are indeed two parts to the radiator stopcock. The stopcock or plug itself and a collar that fits inside the radiator. In my case the collar cracked which caused the original stopcock to go flying to where-ever. Apparantly this requires pulling the radiator in order to reach the collar inside the drain/radiator.

The radiator shop told me that "sometimes" the collar will develop a crack causing the stopcock to come out.

I hope this helps others that experience this problem; hopefully this does not happen often or to you.
    Last edited by GordonOKC; 09-07-04 at 04:34 PM.