'92 SDV-year ranges that body parts interchange
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, '92 SDV-year ranges that body parts interchange in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi ... I'm hoping someone can help me. My schweet car has a mashed nose/hood thanks to a kid that ...
    LisaMonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 92 SDV

Question '92 SDV-year ranges that body parts interchange

Hi ... I'm hoping someone can help me. My schweet car has a mashed nose/hood thanks to a kid that pulled out in front of me.

In order for my car to pass inspection, which is up at the end of July, I need to find a headlight assembly & a side marker lens. (Believe it or not, the headlight still works with no glass & the blinker can be "blinked" by hand - they might go for it if I smile pretty enough. )

Does anyone know the year ranges that the 1992 Sedan DeVille will interchange front clips with? (I've been all over the internet with no answers.)

The main concern is getting my car past inspection (headlight & marker lens).

The nice fat check from my insurance company might get me into a newer car with less miles, but, for now ... it's me & my prize fighter SDV with 116,600 miles.

Thanks for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Andrew60SP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 Sixty Special
    I believe '91-'93 front clips will interchange, although the '93 grill is a bit different appearance wise (more blacked-out).

DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    89 to 93 will fit, but if you go with 93 parts, the grill is attached to the hood. I need those parts too, and i've been over that sooo much, its like legos.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle
    '91-'93 are the same for the nose....

...... I have heard that '93 had an upadted grille, yet I can not see the differnce between mine and a '92, can someone point it out better for me?

Re: '92 SDV-year ranges that body parts interchange

Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    '91-'93 are the same for the nose....

...... I have heard that '93 had an upadted grille, yet I can not see the differnce between mine and a '92, can someone point it out better for me?
    i dont think the 92 has the grill attached to the hood, like on yours when you open the hood, the grill goes with it, on mine, it doesnt, i think the 92 is like mine.

LisaMonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 92 SDV
    My grill opens with the hood. I believe my car is a Spring Edition, so I don't know if the design was a bit different or if the hood had possibly been replaced in the past (I'm the 3rd owner).

The car is definitely worth keeping, but not worth a ton of money to get it pretty again. The ride is getting very very soft (country roads), the phaeton top is slightly fading & it would need a full paint job.

I've been looking around for another car similar to it with fewer miles; preferably city miles. IE, another beauty to put full insurance on in case of an accident.

The inside is in pristine condition -- the outside is starting to show it's age. My kids would love to have it though.

Thanks for replying!

yeah, my grille goes with the hood, I love that.....the '91 and '92 don't?

well, IIRC we test drove a '91 CDV, and when we poped the hood, I am pretty sure the grille goes with the hood too.....

Re: '92 SDV-year ranges that body parts interchange

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMonkey
    My grill opens with the hood. I believe my car is a Spring Edition, so I don't know if the design was a bit different or if the hood had possibly been replaced in the past (I'm the 3rd owner).

The car is definitely worth keeping, but not worth a ton of money to get it pretty again. The ride is getting very very soft (country roads), the phaeton top is slightly fading & it would need a full paint job.

I've been looking around for another car similar to it with fewer miles; preferably city miles. IE, another beauty to put full insurance on in case of an accident.

The inside is in pristine condition -- the outside is starting to show it's age. My kids would love to have it though.

Thanks for replying!
    Spring edition had color matched door handels, digital dash, gold badges etc... all the extras

i think maybe it was just the 89 and 90 that didnt pop with the hood, but i've seen some that do and some that look like they dont so now i dunno.

Andrew60SP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 Sixty Special
    '89-'90 had hoods that opened separate from the grill, while 91-93 are attached. The 91-93 hood also had a larger dome.

On the 91-92 grill, all the crosshatches were chrome. In 93, some of the crosshatches are black.

The Spring Editions also came with perforated seats!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.