Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1999 Deville Caliper and Rotors

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
I'm replacing the rotors and pads on my 1999 DeVille. The caliper has only a lower bolt. There is not one on the top. How do I get this caliper off along with the rotor.

#3 ·
You must be talking about the rears. Swing the caliper up and off of the rotor on the upper pivot pin. Then if you need to remove it, slide it inboard and off of the pivot pin. You'll pop the dust boot off so be sure to reinstall it correctly when putting it back together.

#5 ·
Re: 1999 DeVille Caliper Problem

Is this the same thread he posted earlier ??.............about a caliper with one bolt..............

There's another recent thread in here concerning the need to screw the puck back into the rear caliper - along with a half dozen others on the same subject in the past six weeks. :helpless:

#9 ·
Take a look at this - it's probably close to what you have - you can screw the caliper puck back in with needlenose pliers - it just takes time. The puck pattern lines up with the new pad pattern on the metal face.

Click to enlarge.

#14 ·
tjnewt, I manually activated your CF account. Please check your trash and spam boxes for an e-mail from either AutoGuide or CadillacForums - make sure your browser accepts input from these.

Please update your profile to show correct info and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

This thread had been dead for 4 years. If your car is a 1999 model, perhaps the front caliper piston is frozen...... unlike the rears, it presses back into the caliper.

There is more info on brake work down in Cadillac Tech Tips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.