2001 Deville Radio Issue - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2001 Deville Radio Issue in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok thanks for all the help. One last question are the amps interchangeable amongst other models. Such as can I ...
    mjfriend1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville

Re: 2001 Deville Radio Issue

Ok thanks for all the help. One last question are the amps interchangeable amongst other models. Such as can I use a Seville Bose amp for my car.

00 Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville / 04 Deville

Look for a part number on the old amp... maybe 25708412. Run the number you find thru ebay or google and you should get an idea of what it might interchange with.

zergkiller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville 2001

Oh boy, I hate to do this, since I'm not an electriconics genius, but this kind of thing happened to me and I started on the hunt for prices of amps and so on, but one person suggested that I disconnect the battery cable for awhile. I waited for about 30 minutes and then reconnected it.

"Worked for me".

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

It will likely do it again someday.
    Yeah, you have to match the part numbers or it won't work right.

mjfriend1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville

Thanks everyone. It was the AMP. I bought a new one off ebay for $50 and worked like a charm. So are you saying the amp is probably gonna go out again?

00 Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville / 04 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by mjfriend1 View Post
    So are you saying the amp is probably gonna go out again?
    I believe ewill3rd was responding to zergkiller's comment about he was able to "fix" his amp by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes. You should be fine... enjoy your tunes.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

To clarify, yes I meant the person that disconnected power and it started working will have this issue again.

You should be good, I mean it is possible for that amp to go bad but....

bigdaddy7897 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville DTS

I know this is an old thread, but I am new to the forums and not sure how everything works yet. I searched the internet for hours and hours trying to pinpoint what might be wrong with my vehicle and thought I would post my own experience so that I might help someone with a similar problem. I am also a new owner of an '02 deville dts with bose audio and I am going through this exact situation. The radio just stopped working. When you turn the key to the on position, the radio display will come on as usual with the radio station and time displayed, but no sound whatsoever. After about 3 to 5 seconds, everything on the display disappears except for the time which stays. I was also still able to eject the cd with no trouble. The only button that seemed to do anything after the 3-5 seconds was the button (5-6 button I believe) that switches between home and away presets. The display would remain blank, except for time, until I turned the ignition off and back on and then it would do the same 3-5 second display again. Using these forums, I was confident that it was the amp that was the problem. I removed the back seat cushion by grasping the cushion in the front and pulling up on both sides. Then you pull up and towards the front of the car and the cushion will slide out. There were no fasteners, but there was a wire to disconnect that runs the seat warmer if equipped. I did not unhook the battery at this point, but you may want to if you are concerned about working with the electronics. The back of the seat was more challenging, but totally doable. There were only two bolts that I had to remove. The bolt closer to the passenger side was connected to the middle shoulder strap of the middle seat belt. Once I removed the bolt, the middle should strap was still connected at the top where it "reels" in so I just sat it up by the back window. The other bolt looks exactly the same and once removed, you should be able to pull up a little on the metal loops that were around the bolts and see that the bottom of the seat cushion is loose. The seat belt buckles are also connected at these points so you know you are on the right bolts. Now the more tricky part. There are four metal clips along the top of the seat with pretty uniform spacing. It's a little cramped, but you can get your head up there, pull the top of the seat forward a little and get eyes on the clips. I was not sure what tool to use to remove these clips but you need something sturdy, flat, and fairly wide - about and inch wide so should do the trick. I actually ended up using a pair of wire stripping pliers. They were flat and fairly broad and I was able to push down on the top of the metal clip and turn the pliers at the same time and with a little pulling on the seat the clips came out fairly easily. Once all four clips are out, the seat is loose, but may still be connected by a cable that runs into the trunk that controls the release for the door that grants access to the passenger compartment through the trunk. You can follow the cable to where it connects to the trigger and there is only one nut holding the trigger mechanism on. I had to pull away just a little of the trunk lining to get a ratchet on the nut. Once the trigger mechanism is loose, it will give you slack on the cable and you can pull the back seat away from frame. At this point, the amp is easily located on the driver's side behind some thin insulation. Pull way that corner of the insulation and you will see only four torx head bolts holding the amp in. I removed the bolts first and was then able to position the amp at an easier angle to remove the wiring connected to it. Be careful and take your time with the wiring harness clamps. They will come but you don't want to break them. The amp slides out rather easily after that and that is the point where I am at. Now that I can confirm the part number ( for my amp it is a bose gmx270 part # 25708412), I will get on ebay most likely and order a different amp or possibly try to find one at a salvage yard. I will hook the new amp up to the wiring and check radio function before I totally reinstall, but hopefully that is the problem. I will try to post again with the results. I hope this helps anyone who might be having a similar problem.

bigdaddy7897 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville DTS

Update: Replacement amp off Ebay worked like a charm. Plugged it in and everything was back to normal. Installing the amp and putting everything back in place took about a quarter of time. Thanks again to previous posters and those who run these forums. They were invaluable in helping me to pinpoint the problem and fix it on my own.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.