Cadillac Owners Forum banner

93 Cadillac Bumper Impact

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  behind-bars 
#1 ·
I got rear ended in my 93 Cadillac Deville. I looked under the car at the bumper absorbers and can see that they were pushed in and popped back out. I am trying to estimate the speed they would have had to hit me to push the bumper absorbers in.

The clear lenses next to the license plate were cracked and the silver rubber trim piece running the length bumper and the red lights were cracked in a few places. It also messed up the plastic tail light surround and chipped the paint up in various spots.

Anyone know about what speed they would have to go to push the bumper shocks in, and crack the light?

#3 ·
I will add some tomorrow, Going to be hard to get pics of the bumper absorbers now as I can not get under the car for a while until my back starts feeling better. I thought the absorbers took a certain amount of speed to push them in and was just curious as to about what speed that was. I am going to try and get some estimates Monday to see what I am looking at, Dont think it will be pretty though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.