NEED HELP!!!!!! with 1991 deville - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, NEED HELP!!!!!! with 1991 deville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; well it has been starting just fine so i must be doing something right. some other problems that i have ...
    defflepp1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: NEED HELP!!!!!! with 1991 deville

well it has been starting just fine so i must be doing something right. some other problems that i have is the map lights above the rear view stay on unless you push the button another problem is that the keyless entry has stopped working. it worked for a while then stopped we changed the batteries but is still dose not work. so if anybody can help on these problems plus the transmission problem that would be great.

ok so today i replaced the idle speed control and bleed the brakes. now, while it is sitting at idle the engine kinda pulsates. i also have some new codes that just appeared E27 and E98. another problem is that for some time the exhaust has been sounding like coins in a tin can, it sound ****ing horrible. my guess is that its the catalytic converter and i was wondering has anyone pulled there's out and done a straight pipe with the muffler still in and if so how dose it sound. cause i really dont want to spend the money on a new cat. also is there any way to properly do the water pump in my drive way cause my dad did it a while ago and it has been leaking ever since and he thinks it cause he was not able to torque the bolts properly.

another quick question, is there a way to display the RPM's like in the diagnostic mode or something any help on these problems would be greatly appreciated so PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

It's either the CAT or the muffler baffles. Wack 'em and see which one rattles.

Try getting at the water pump through the wheel well. I think there is an access panel you remove.

ok thanks i will have to try that eventually and thanks for the reply

onecool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Deville

Ok lots of problems where to start.
    Ok let’s do this press and hold the off and warm on the A/C panel until you see all the panel lights blink and it may start with 888 and look at the mileage read it may start displaying codes like E. history or Current E.E.
    write these down for now and re post them then clear the codes by pressing off and hi on the A/C panel now you should see .7.0 displayed on the mileage panel now press the LO button on A/C panel the display should change to from .7.0 to E.9.0 now cycle through all the P codes by pressing the HI button you can move back by pressing the LO button and write them down p.0.1 - p.2.5 and post these.

onecool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Deville

Quote Originally Posted by onecool View Post
    Ok lots of problems where to start.
    Ok let’s do this press and hold the off and warm on the A/C panel until you see all the panel lights blink and it may start with 888 and look at the mileage read it may start displaying codes like E. history or Current E.E.
    write these down for now and re post them then clear the codes by pressing off and hi on the A/C panel now you should see .7.0 displayed on the mileage panel now press the LO button on A/C panel the display should change to from .7.0 to E.9.0 now cycle through all the P codes by pressing the HI button you can move back by pressing the LO button and write them down p.0.1 - p.2.5 and post these.
    sorry i forgot to tell you to do the above step with the car ruuning if you can i need that for all the P codes p.0.1 - p.2.5

Exclamation Re: NEED HELP!!!!!! with 1991 deville

OK, so I'm hoping that mabey someone can give some some much needed help. first ill list all the codes that are coming up
    E27- Open Throttle Signal Switch
    E30- ISC RPM Out Of Range
    E40- Power Steering Pressure Switch Open
    E48- EGR System Problem
    E52- PCM Memory Reset
    E55- Closed Throttle Angle Out of Range
    E98- High RPM P/N to D/R Shift Under ISC
    EE40- Power Steering Swich
    EE48- EGR system Problem
    EE55- Closed throttle Angle Out of Range
    also the brakes are not working right, when you first hit them they will go almost all the way to the floor before getting any pressure but if you let up and push them again ill hit pressure right away. we've bleed them twice already and there still doing it.
    also now the headlights are not working. the twilight sentinel works, when it gets dark i can here it click on and it turns on the orange lights under the headlights (i think there called running lights). also when you pull the turn signal stock it turns on the regular headlights not the brights and the normal headlights wont even come on when i turn them on manually with the pull thing next the steering wheel.
    and most of the problems from before are still accuring so instead of typing all of them again you could just look at my other posts. PLEASE if anybody has ANY ideas of what could be causing these problems let my know. thanks

also the brakes are not working right, when you first hit them they will go almost all the way to the floor before getting any pressure but if you let up and push them again ill hit pressure right away. we've bleed them twice already and there still doing it.
    Master cylinder is bad.

im not sure if this changes that diagnosis but when the rear wheels are off the ground they spin very freely and very easily and on other cars with drum brakes they spin but nowhere near as much as the ones on the cadillac so like i said i dont know if that changes your perdiction but

If the pedal goes to the floor and you can pump it up and it remains hard, there is air in the system. If it slowly sinks to the floor, there is a leak in the lines or the master cylinder internally. When you bleed them, are you making sure that you replenish the brake fluid BEFORE it gets to the bottom? If not you're just sucking more air back in the lines.

if i pump them they stay firm until i go to stop again. when i bleed them it never goes dry there is always plenty of fluid in the resevior

You still have air in the system somewhere.

well my dad said he replaced the master cylinder not too long ago so could the air be caused a hole in one of the lines

If there is a hole in the line, you'll have an external leak. Did he bench bleed the master cylinder before installing it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.