Love it or hate it? Please comment: side window deflectors.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Love it or hate it? Please comment: side window deflectors. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So I got these in-window rail wind/rain guards from WeatherTech. They were expensive. I'm not in love. I got them ...
    mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC

Love it or hate it? Please comment: side window deflectors.

So I got these in-window rail wind/rain guards from WeatherTech. They were expensive.

I'm not in love. I got them to keep my windows cracked when I park in open spaces due to the Texas summer heat. Indeed they do keep the car cooler. When there's a chance of rain, it's prohibitive to leave the windows cracked because in a matter of seconds the car could get really soaked.

PROS:
    they work to keep the rain out, while cooling the car on a hot day. The tidiest units to do the job.

CONS:
    funny looking, wind noise can be heard starting at 40MPH (not bad, but not there before)... almost sounds like the door didn't close all the way and there's some wind and exterior noise. The glass basically rubs against this plexiglass for a seal that used to be rubber on glass. The window glass "taps" this plexiglass thing and pushes it out of the way, when you roll the windows up. barely noticeable, but makes you go "hmmm."

Now some pictures.

Love it? Hate it?

over $100 smackaroos.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Love it or hate it? Please comment: side window deflectors.

They don't look too bad, but I can't say that I would put them on my car. I do remember that Texas sun though. Could not wait to get out of that state.

Not to change the subject, but my car is in getting the rear pass through door replaced under warranty as I type. I asked if I could have the latch for you and the service adviser said he could probably save it for me if GM does not ask for the part, which they can do up to 30 days, so I'll see if I can get it for you. Not sure how. Guess I'll have to call and remind him in 29 days. Will advise if I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    They don't look too bad, but I can't say that I would put them on my car. I do remember that Texas sun though. Could not wait to get out of that state.

Not to change the subject, but my car is in getting the rear pass through door replaced under warranty as I type. I asked if I could have the latch for you and the service adviser said he could probably save it for me if GM does not ask for the part, which they can do up to 30 days, so I'll see if I can get it for you. Not sure how. Guess I'll have to call and remind him in 29 days. Will advise if I get it.
    Thanks! The heat is the reason I tinted the windows too. Well thanks for trying! I guess they could say "latch? what latch" we're replacing it because the latch was missing too!"

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

Like Ranger said it doesnt look bad but I dont think I would put them on my car. The wind noise would definetely drive me crazy though. What % is your tint?

That probably would not be covered.

P.S. I'll move this to the Deville section.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I'll move this to the Deville section.
    Could it stay linked here? also possibly in the appearance modification forum?

I generally don't get many replies on the Deville section vs here, my old home room forum.

Couldn't really leave it in the Seville section. I copied it to the appearance & mod forum.

EDIT: Ah what the hell. I left it in all 3.

DevilleDeeman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII, 2008 Saturn Vue XR

Looks awesome, I have the wind deflectors on my 03 but there the stick on type. I'm thinking of changing them to the in-channel ones. Do they install easy? Will they fall out? these are my concerns. Let me know.
    Thanks.

mysedan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 sedan deville

I be torn on em....I like em cuz we have the unbearable heat here also so I know it helps to crack the windows....so in that I like em and I also like because both me and my girl are smokers and in the rain cracking the windows sucks.....but on the other hand I would hate the noise added....I love supreme silence when driving...so road noise would get to me.

I am really mixed...they look good enough...but looks over noise....hmmmm

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

I think they LOOK really good on the car, but the noise might get to me.

Then again, in college I can't say I would be doing a lot of highway driving, so I'm not sure.

How much do you hear them over the radio?

I still have them. I do have a return authorization number.
    They are easy to install and do not fall out at all, you need to roll the windows down and bend them in order to get them to be shortened enough to get out of the window rail.

Noise:
    They're not really noisy and don't require pumping up the volume or anything. What you do notice is similar to maybe the rubber insulator was missing. The deal is the original seal is window to rubber, and now it's window to plexiglass. So it kinda sounds like some exterior noise comes in, but it's not noisier than a non-cadillac

The wind noise is the same from 40-80. so it's not as bad. I do suppose it looks kind of cool, custom, macho. And yeah the car is significantly cooler (when used with the windshield shade).

Superdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 DHS, 2000 STS

I have these on my blazer. I think they look great, and much more classy than the stick-on ones. I'd say the noise isn't that bad, so it's a willing sacrifice, in my opinion.

Could try adding a little felt to the other side of the shade (the side that touches the glass) if you think that the plastic to glass is a problem.

another possibility is I could keep the fronts or the backs (I'd lean toward the backs, if I was trying to get rid of noise). Would leaving just the two back windows cracked be enough to keep the car cool?

97Purlwhyte is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Deville N*, 2005 CTS V6

I have them on mine, I dont really notice the wind noise. A very slight whooosh when driving with the windows cracked. Turn up the radio a bit and enjoy.
    I love them when its raining and you can open the windows quite a bit without water coming in the window.
    I have the in channel version, they've never let me down... I hate when people paint them the color of the car.

Car was totalled and I have the ability to get these off if anyone here is interested. Thing is that it's 45 miles away, so about $10-15 in gas. I paid $109 from WeatherTech for them. If anyone is interested pm me or email me at the same scree name on my avatar @gmail.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.