AC going crazy now!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, AC going crazy now! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok...so I took the car out for a lil cruise, got some gas and suddenly the blower kicked on...cruised home ...
    mysedan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 sedan deville

AC going crazy now!

Ok...so I took the car out for a lil cruise, got some gas and suddenly the blower kicked on...cruised home to get my gauge and freon...stick the gauge on and its reading over 100 (yikes!) so I released the valve to get the pressure down some...rechecked and I had it in the 40-45 range...better right? I get in the car and its still reading refrigerant low/compressor off....stick the gauge back on and its back up at 75-80.

what gives????

then just as weirdly, the blower kicked off...I went to wash the car and hit a bump and the blower kicked back on for about a 1/3 of a second and then back off...went to pass a guy to get into a station to get a drink and it came back on again and stayed on till I shut the car off.

freaking possessed I tell ya

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: AC going crazy now!

What gives is that you vented the refrigerant into the atmosphere. No wonder it is low. That's like letting the air out of your tire and wondering why it is flat. What did you check? High or low side? High side pressure should be over 200 psi. low should be around 30, but venting it is not the solution if it was the low side.

I put the gauge on the low side. I was told by a guy at a service shop that 134 doesnt harm the amotsphere....cuz I was gonna have them evac the whole thing and just start over again.

if i did any harm to the enviroment I do apoligize....I was just doing as told by the service manager at the shop...thats the only reason I did that.

my bad on that part.

should I still have it evaced or add some? All I know is the pressure was way high on the low side...I did not check the high side.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

I am not sure if R134a is detrimental to the atmosphere or not. That was not my point. 100 psi is way high for the low side. I am not sure exactly what that indicates though.

well...guess I will set a appointment for the shop then. man...was hoping it was something I could do here at home easily enough. Thanks a mill for the help!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.