heres my new(to me) sedan deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, heres my new(to me) sedan deville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well here she is....I need to wash claen claybar buff wax and polish...clean up those rims and basically take care ...
    mysedan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 sedan deville

heres my new(to me) sedan deville

Well here she is....I need to wash claen claybar buff wax and polish...clean up those rims and basically take care of everything...but not too bad of shape

what ya think?

Like I said I have some issues concerning the AC which is HIGH on my priority list (hell is on its way in AZ and I cant be cruising without it)

It runs decently although it seems to stumble some...just found emissions paperwork and I dont know what dude did but he got it to pass...amazingly well passed even....lost a ton on the numbers...very curious about that

there is a ticking noise after shutdown...its coming from the cables running the throttle...there is a lil pin sticking out and it ticks like its frozen or something.

its slow on startup...think starter may be dying....some trim pieces inside need some work (they are all there and work but not attached to the seats type thing...recliner buttons)

it claims to be getting average of 14.4 on MPG.

I got some work ahead of me but its all cool

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mysedan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 sedan deville

Re: heres my new(to me) sedan deville

well, heres the list of stuff I have found so far

The digi readout says
    Service engine soon (dunno, thats all it says)
    Washer fluid low (well, thats a tough repair huh? LOL)
    Faulty gear indicator (only seems to be when in park)
    Refrigerant low/ac compressor is off (I noticed when I first bought it and the drive home it had cold air at vents but it wont blow..previous owner states that I need to get a fanspeed control switch up on the dash there...which looks like a PITA to get too...so any help here would be awesome and greatly appreciated)

The oil was clean, the rad is full, basics all seem to be decent or in ok condition

when shutting off, there is a ticking/clicking noise from the engine bay...looked in there and where the throttle cables go..there is a pin looking dealy that is clicking back and forth slightly (no idea what the thing is yet but looking into it today)

its slow on startup so like I said, think the starter is headed south

The airride thing..is NOISY!!! real NOISY and is constantly cycling so I think there is a leak in the lines or the struts or whatever...havent decided what route gonna go on that yet

I am sure I will come up with more as I go along.

but its riding nice and seems to be sitting level enough so thats a good sign right?

Right now...biggest concern is the AC....gotta get that fixed and working and soon

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

Re: heres my new(to me) sedan deville

1) The clicking after shut down is normal. It is the idle speed control motor resetting itself for the next start up. Mine did it as well.

2) The air ride compressor is noisy. If it runs frequently but not constantly then you have a small leak but nothing major, yet.

3) Read the sticky at the top of the thread about how to pull DTC (diagnostic trouble codes, this is what is setting off the check engine light). These cars have a built in diagnostic feature that is easy to use and anybody can do. It makes diagnosing problems 100x easier and you don't need any special tools.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.