Resale Values, help - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Resale Values, help in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Reconditioning costs as well as the cost of even the most minimal warranty, ie. 3 mon/3000 mile adds to the ...
    Light-Zone is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Resale Values, help

Reconditioning costs as well as the cost of even the most minimal warranty, ie. 3 mon/3000 mile adds to the cost of the vehicle. Don't even try to compare the price of private party retail with dealer retail...they are two completely different animals. A reputable dealer will offer a security and piece of mind that no private seller can offer. And since you were at a Honda Dealership, rest assured that the vehicle has gone through their shop for safety inspection, and that they will be there in the future as well.

And as for offering 2500 or 3k OTD, you can forget it. They won't even discuss it with you. They can wholesale it out or sell it at auction for more than that.

carguy16 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Thumbs down Re: Resale Values, help

Quote Originally Posted by Light-Zone
    And as for offering 2500 or 3k OTD, you can forget it. They won't even discuss it with you. They can wholesale it out or sell it at auction for more than that.
    Im going to dis-agree with that. They are trying to sell a 1991 Acura Integra RS, with 197,000 miles for $3,600.00 bucks!

Some people are gullible, paying full price for a car like that is just gullible as well. You dont get a warranty with the car, they dont care if its falling apart! They want to sell it, and have it off of the lot. They will tell you the car passed inspection, they will tell you to the best of their knowledge theres nothing wrong with the car, you cant listen to any of that. As long as the car starts, stops, accelerates, and is in no danger of killing anyone, they will sell it! With all do respect, $6,200 is to much, as soon as I drive it off of the lot, the value is cut in half, not to mention restoring it. I could probably buy a used low mile Ford Focus for that kind of money, or a new Hyundai!

When you buy a car at the dealer, you pay sales tax, and the dealer fee of usually $250.00 to $500.00 dollars, not to mention what ever mark up they put on the car. Anyways, its a used car, with high mileage, and coslty componentry.

s.a.cad is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I really feel the best bet is to find one thru a private party. It took me about 3 months to find mine and well worth it. As to the maintanance I performed I did it mainly to have reference point. I did a complete tune up ( rotor, cap, plugs,wires, PCV, and coil) the air filter looked new. As for fluids it got an oil and filter change, trans fluid and filter, coolant and supplement tabs and brake fluid change. I also replaced the serpentine belt, upper and lower radiator hoses and thermostat. I have purchased all the heater hoses just need to get them installed. I also cleaned the throttle body and egr ports. Got new tires because the ones on there looked good but seemed old. Also replaced struts because soon after I got it the service SSS light came on. Valvoline oil change center took care of all the fluid changes and a friend of mine who owns a shop did everything else. Also spent $200 at Ming for a complete interior and exterior detail including the Ming Mirror Finish process. The car looks brand new and drives like it too. All in all I have spent about $5,000 including the car and has been well worth it. I purchased a 1993 back in 93 and drove it until 2000. I regreted having sold it so I was determined to find another just like it. I personally do not like Cadillac styling after 1993. The 93 to me was the last of the true Cadillacs that is why I kept my 93 for so long and was determined to replace it.

Unless specifically sold "AS IS", Honda dealerships back pre-owned vehicles regardless of the brand with a 3/3000 powertrain warranty.

If you think a reputable dealership is going to assume the liability problems asscociated with the sale of a vehicle that has not been through a standard safety inspection, well, let me just say, you're mis-informed. Sure, a buy here/pay here lot is another story, but a Honda dealership would just as well be rid of the vehicle via auction than have to deal with problems associated with a dissatified customer.

The only reason they are even selling it from the lot is because it has less than 100k on it. Otherwise is would not have landed on the lot in the first place. They probably showed the previous owner 2-2.5k trade in value against the price of a new car. Then, another 300-500 shop fees to prepare it for the lot. Then they know the customer is going to grind anyways....but they won't loose money on the deal. They are in business to make a profit after all, are they not?

I paid 8500 for my 97 Deville Concours with 58k on it. Excellent condition, one owner Arizona car. That was from an Acura dealership, and the price was 3k back of wholesale book....was that too much too? I think not.

carguy16 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Thumbs down Re: Resale Values, help

Quote Originally Posted by Light-Zone
    The only reason they are even selling it from the lot is because it has less than 100k on it. Otherwise is would not have landed on the lot in the first place. They probably showed the previous owner 2-2.5k trade in value against the price of a new car. Then, another 300-500 shop fees to prepare it for the lot. Then they know the customer is going to grind anyways....but they won't loose money on the deal. They are in business to make a profit after all, are they not?
    Im sorry, but you are wrong. As stated in a previous post, they are selling a 1991 Acura RS with 197,000 miles, yes 197,000 miles for $3,200.00 bucks, or similar to that. They have several cars with over 100k miles on the clock. In fact, if you look up at the picture I uploaded, they have a 1992 Seville with 114,000 miles for about $3,700 bucks.

But, thanks for the insight on the fee's for getting a car up to par.

Good Luck with your search. One question though, you said,

"o, I think that $6,200.00 is a joke, but the KBB value says its worth more."

If KBB shows the retail value as being even higher than the price at the dealership, why do you think it's too expensive? KBB does take into account the mileage of a vehicle. And let me ask you something. If YOU were selling a car, wouldn't YOU use KBB to justify your price? Atleast the dealership is LOWER than the value expressed by KBB.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.