99 deville keeps going into storage mode
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 99 deville keeps going into storage mode in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i have a 99 deville and there is no set time or occurrence that it will go into storage mode ...
    baldeeny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 cadillac deville

99 deville keeps going into storage mode

i have a 99 deville and there is no set time or occurrence that it will go into storage mode but sometimes i go out to go to the store and the remote wont unlock the doors cuz all power is cut off. so i have to start it and when i do that the factory alarm goes off until it recognizes the remote and it unlocks the doors. mind you that really pisses off the neighbors at 1 or 2 in the morning. i tried disabling it from the dic and it still does it. im really lost. i just got my service manuals i ordered and im starting to go through them to see if i can trace the wiring part of it, but would like an easier fix if anyone could help. thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 99 deville keeps going into storage mode

Got codes?

99bluedville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 deville

My 99 was doing the samething would happen spuraticly. A couple of months later my alternator went out replaced it and have not had the problem since. Coincedence Maybe? Check your voltage with engine off and while running.

it came up with two generic codes
    P0503
    vehicle speed sensor
    A
    Intermittent/erratic/H
    same two exact codes. i have already changed out alternator thats why this has got me stumped. i appreciate all the feedback and the help.

Caddyshack100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP

Do you have an aftermarket Stereo in the car? One of the reasons the car will go into storage mode is the draw on the battery, the PZM is what controls all of this, start looking at that.

yes it does have an aftermarket stereo but this has its own circuit from the battery. but i was having the problem before i put the radio in. im at my wits end on this one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.