'00 DTS Problems..... HELP!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, '00 DTS Problems..... HELP!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 2000 DTS has been giving me nothing but lights and codes lately. I had the battery/alternator tested and they ...
    UNKUT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS / 2005 STS

'00 DTS Problems..... HELP!!!

My 2000 DTS has been giving me nothing but lights and codes lately. I had the battery/alternator tested and they both came back ok. So obviously the codes I'm getting are legit codes. I'd really appreciate some help in diagnosing/repairing these issues as I will be doing them myself. Things like locations of the parts, pics, tutorials, ect.... would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Here are the codes I keep getting over and over again after repeatedly clearing the system. Currently my S.E.S., BRAKE, ABS, and TRACTION CONTROL lights are all on!!!

Powertrain Control Module

P0443 - EVAP Purge Solenoid Valve 1 Control Circuit

Antilock Brake System

C1214 - System Relay Contact or Coil Circuit Open
    C1248 - EBCM Turned the Red Brake Warning Indicator On

Instrument Panel Integration Module

B0429 - Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance

I've been doing a ton of reading into these problems, but I've yet to find the component locations, ways to further diagnose the problem, ect. I'd like to repair/replace the parts needed should that be the case. If anyone has acces to any online tutorials or vehicle manuals it would mean the world to me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: '00 DTS Problems..... HELP!!!

Also off and on my Cruise Control won't activate when I press the CRUISE button. No codes lead back to this problem though. Not sure if its because the problem is hit and miss or what. But any ideas of what that problem could be?

Another come and go problem is my speedo's MPH hand will bounce around. At times this will cause the car to shift hard. Any ideas on this one?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

For component locations and procedures you would be well advised to pick up a FSM by Helm Inc (NOT Chiltons or Haynes). Ebay is your friend. Or get a subscription to http://www.alldatadiy.com. I hear it is pretty good for $27 per year.

Mark C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville STS, 2000 Seville STS

The 1214 code turns on the ABS and traction control lights thru the 1248 code, so those two are linkerd together. You have a problem with your EBTCM (Electronic brake and traction control module) which is part of your BMPV (the ABS controller) which is located on the drivers side of the engine compartment under the water pump. If you lucky the electrical connector on the EBTCM is just loose, or has dirty contacts, if not you need a new one. The EBTCM is held onto the BMPV with 8 small torx head bolts and pops right off once the bolts and two electrical connectors are removed. You don't have to disconnect any of the brake lines.

At the dealer its a 700 to 900 dollar job to replace the EBTCM, if you can find one used thats any good you can save a ton of money. Keep in mind that there are at least 2 different kinds used on a Deville, one for cars with ABS and traction control (base devilles) and one for cars with ABS, traction control, and electronic suspensions. I replaced the one on my car with one from Ebay I bought for about 60 bucks. Took about an hour and a half to do (would have been alot shorter if I had taken off my front wheel and inner wheelwell liner to get access to the unit - but I went in from above and removed the air intake, pcm enclosure and some other stuff and still had trouble getting at it). I beleive if you get a new one (as in a box never on any car) they need to be programmed by the dealer in order to work. Mine worked fine as soon as I started the car.

00 Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville / 04 Deville

Take a good look at the connector on the BMPV as Mark said it is directly under the water pump (the water pump covers are prone to leaking slowly) clean that connector out good with either alcohol or contact cleaner. Don't worry about the cruise control not working until you get the ABS/Traction issue figured out. The cruise control automatically disengages if the traction system senses a skid. So it is probably not engaging due to the traction control issue.

The B0429 code is a common problem on Deville's it has to do with the valve that routes AC/Heat to the back seat area. If you want to fix it replace the mix air actuator-passenger the latest part number is 89018789 pull the glove box liner out and it's located on the left hand side.

Listen to Ranger and get yourself the Factory Service Manual. It is absolutely necessary to work on your Deville. Good places to order parts at a discount are RockAuto.com, Ebay, GMPartsDirect.com

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

gmpartsdirect is slow, can't talk to anyone if you need to. gmotors is much better. Fast and friendly. Prices are about the same (after you include shipping. gmpartsdirect advertises VERY cheap prices, then make it up on shipping).

WOW! Thanks a million for the information!!! On my next day off I'm gonna check out the connector and get it all cleaned up and see where that takes me. Worst case is I'll be replacing the EBTCM. Any idea on what causes the following:

Powertrain Control Module

P0443 - EVAP Purge Solenoid Valve 1 Control Circuit

I believe I read somewhere that changing the EVAP Purge Selonoid would correct this problem, is that true? Is this a dealer only part?

00 DEVILLE:

Is there any way to correct the B0429 code or is replacing the mix air actuator-passenger? And is the part # you listed for the 2000 DTS?

00 Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville / 04 Deville

You could try disconnecting the battery. This will cause the stepper motor inside the actuator to go thru a recalibration procedure. But you will probably find that you will have to replace the actuator to clear the code. I have had to replace it on both of my Deville's to clear the code. The old part number is 1573428 it was replaced by 89018789 it should work on 2000-2005 Base, DHS and DTS. You can call the dealer parts counter to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 00 Deville View Post
    You could try disconnecting the battery. This will cause the stepper motor inside the actuator to go thru a recalibration procedure. But you will probably find that you will have to replace the actuator to clear the code. I have had to replace it on both of my Deville's to clear the code. The old part number is 1573428 it was replaced by 89018789 it should work on 2000-2005 Base, DHS and DTS. You can call the dealer parts counter to make sure.
    I've been hearing a lot of folks say disconnecting the battery can correct many issues with these cars. I may try that as the easy way out, but I'm prepared to fix what I have to in orderto get my DTS runnin like she used to! I think the EVAP problem and EBTCM problem are on the top of the list, then this to follow. Thanks for your help!

Well I disconnected the battery this evening after work and I'm leaving it disconnected until tomorrow morning to see if that has any effect on any of this. Although today I made a 25 mile trip and when I arrived at my destination and parked, I noticed my speedo going crazy again..... so this time I recorded and loaded it to Youtube for all to see. Hopefully I can get some solid feedback on this issue now. Here's the video..... sorry about the sound haha, my A/C is actually in tip top shape and was blowing directly on the mic! Any ideas on this???

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkebrRoRhSs"]YouTube - 2000 DTS[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by UNKUT View Post
    Nobody has any ideas as to what this could be???

confused is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 200 Deville

I need help with the removal and installation of the front Hub Bearing on my 2000 Deville

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.