DeVille Livery package
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, DeVille Livery package in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 1993 DeVille that I purchased used 2 years ago. This is a great car. Evidently, this car ...
    bottomfeeder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

DeVille Livery package

I have a 1993 DeVille that I purchased used 2 years ago. This is a great car. Evidently, this car has the Livery option package. Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the things that were included in the Livery option package?

It would be nice to know what was all included. For example, this car has different brake pads up front than the standard DeVille. It also takes another 1/2 quart of oil than what the book says it should when I change the oil (book says 5.5 quarts with filter, my car takes 6 quarts). Could that be necessary because of the engine oil cooler?

I pull a boat and a pop-up camper with this car. What a great way to get to and from the lake. I'll never be without a caddy again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle
    How hard is it to put an engine oil cooler ont he car?

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: DeVille Livery package

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder
    I have a 1993 DeVille that I purchased used 2 years ago. This is a great car. Evidently, this car has the Livery option package. Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the things that were included in the Livery option package?

It would be nice to know what was all included. For example, this car has different brake pads up front than the standard DeVille. It also takes another 1/2 quart of oil than what the book says it should when I change the oil (book says 5.5 quarts with filter, my car takes 6 quarts). Could that be necessary because of the engine oil cooler?

I pull a boat and a pop-up camper with this car. What a great way to get to and from the lake. I'll never be without a caddy again!
    Before I say for sure, I'll check my records in the AM but, I don't think there was a "Livery" option for the Deville until '96 or so. If you have a RPO of W20 on the sticker, then it's got the package. The package on later cars consisted of an "Enhanced Idle Performance" charging system, slightly higher spring rate springs, and engine oil cooler, trans cooler, higher durability seat cushions (read stiffer), and rear side interior lamps that are passenger controllable (they have a switch built into them verses just coming on with the dome lights). Basically, it was a trailer towing package with the seat cushions and rear lamps.

Panther, I'm not sure what it would take to install an engine oil cooler.

Katshot, Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure about some of the other things that you mentioned for the livery package in later models, but my 93 does have both an engine oil cooler and a transmission oil cooler. Also, as I mentioned in my first post, it has the "heavy duty" front brake system. I know this only too well, since I had to take the first set of pads back and get the other set that the parts store had on hand. At the parts store, they told me the set that my car needed were the same as what was used on a hearse, or for a car that was built to be stretched.

I'd appreciate any information you could come up with as far as a package of options that might match what I have on my 93.

Thanks again.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle
    all '91-'93 came factory with a tranny cooler

Take a look at your SPID label that lists all the RPO codes and post what is listed. I'll tell you what you have. Plus give me the VIN or at least the first half of it if you don't want to post the whole thing.
    Installing an engine oil cooler is as easy as installing the adapter in place of the oil filter and then running the lines and mounting the cooler.

FYI: Engine Oil Cooler Parts List

This is what you'll need if you would like to add an oil cooler to your car. Of course you'll need to verify that your radiator already has the cooler installed in the left tank. If not, you'll need to replace the radiator as well.

4.6 Engine:
    25630627 - Inlet hose
    25630621 - Outlet hose
    12555005 - Adapt. ass'y
    12553175 - Oil press. sensor

4.9 Engine:
    3537115 - Inlet hose
    3537116 - Cooler inlet pipe
    3537522 - Outlet hose
    1640488 - Cooler hose bracket
    12552894 - Adapt. ass'y
    3522739 - Oil press. sensor

Katshot,

I must be a little naive (maybe a lot)....whats' the SPID label (and where will I find it on the car), and what are RPO codes.

Thanks.

Katshot,

I must be a little naive (maybe a lot)....whats' the SPID label (and where will I find it on the car), and what are RPO codes.

Thanks.
    RPO = Regular Production Options
    They are codes that stand for different options available on your car. The SPID label is a little white label usually stuck on the underside of the spare tire cover, that lists your VIN, the RPO codes for your car, and the paint codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    RPO = Regular Production Options
    They are codes that stand for different options available on your car. The SPID label is a little white label usually stuck on the underside of the spare tire cover, that lists your VIN, the RPO codes for your car, and the paint codes.
    I found the SPID label on the top of my spare tire cover. Wow, there are a lot of numbers. I brought the entire cover into my office so I can copy them down. Here they are:

1G6CD53B3P42_ _ _ _ _ 6CD69

AJ3 AM6 AT6 AU0 A79 A91B48 C68 C97 DA0 DD8 DK2 D64
    D74 D83 D98 FE1 FP3 IQ4 JM4 KG9 L26 MX0 M13 NA5 NP5
    0R9 PH6 QGZ R8P UA6 UW4 UX1 U23 U75 V4R V73 YL1 YM1
    YN6 YN7 Y35 1SB 20I 204 21A 4OU 6HD 7HD 8SM 9SM
    BASE/CLEAR COAT WA- U8554 A9103 204

Hope it makes sense to you. Thanks

cl1986 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, 94 SLS got crushed

coolers

Im not sure but i think all the cars have oil and tranny coolers, my 86 and 91 deville both have them, so does the 85 i tore apart for parts. Havent seen any without them. Some have power steering coolers also.

I found the SPID label on the top of my spare tire cover. Wow, there are a lot of numbers. I brought the entire cover into my office so I can copy them down. Here they are:

1G6CD53B3P42_ _ _ _ _ 6CD69

AJ3 AM6 AT6 AU0 A79 A91B48 C68 C97 DA0 DD8 DK2 D64
    D74 D83 D98 FE1 FP3 IQ4 JM4 KG9 L26 MX0 M13 NA5 NP5
    0R9 PH6 QGZ R8P UA6 UW4 UX1 U23 U75 V4R V73 YL1 YM1
    YN6 YN7 Y35 1SB 20I 204 21A 4OU 6HD 7HD 8SM 9SM
    BASE/CLEAR COAT WA- U8554 A9103 204

Hope it makes sense to you. Thanks
    Hate to say it but the VIN and SPID label don't lie. You have a standard, run of the mill white Deville. Nothing there to suggest anything heavy-duty. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Hate to say it but the VIN and SPID label don't lie. You have a standard, run of the mill white Deville. Nothing there to suggest anything heavy-duty. Sorry.
    That's good information to have. It's still the best car I've ever owned!

Thanks much for your help Katshot.

That's good information to have. It's still the best car I've ever owned!

Thanks much for your help Katshot.
    No problemo. You still have me wondering about those brakes though. I forgot to look them up by application. When I get in tomorrow, I'll look it up to see what brakes were available on the '93 Deville. It's been too long for me to remember that stuff but, I remember that there were two applications for the standard Deville. They split it one year I think. Who knows, I'll look it up then I know it'll be right

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.