Would anyone be willing to run a carfax for me?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Would anyone be willing to run a carfax for me? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; If its allowed of course for those with unlimited carfax access, the vin is 1G6KD54Y31U128871. I did a quick search ...
    Kcguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): (formerly) 2001 Cadillac Deville (Current) 2007 DTS

Would anyone be willing to run a carfax for me?

If its allowed of course for those with unlimited carfax access, the vin is 1G6KD54Y31U128871. I did a quick search to see what it said and it listed 20 documentations, so I am just really really curious what could be on there, as the car has been nothing but trouble since I bought it just a month ago lol. I would really appreciate your help if you could do it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Would anyone be willing to run a carfax for me?

CARFAX is a voluntary information service, so the only things you'll find are registrations, auction activity, emissions tests, and maybe some owner input. (Hey, Honey.....I smashed the Eldorado and Joe's kid hammered the dents out. Tell CARFAX, will you ???)

Take your car's VIN to a GM dealer on a quiet Tuesday mid-afternoon. Ask a service writer to pull the GM VIS for the car. This will list all the GM work done - recalls, service (some), and warranty. Have you learned to pull your own Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) from the car's built-in system ? Read the sticky posts at the top of this main page, Northstar Performance, and Cadillac Technical Tips. Read the entire Cadillac Technical Archive up in the black bar ^^^.

Dave S Texas is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08) 1981 F100 '03FXDL

One CarFax report will cost you $30, but you can spend another $10 and get unlimited reports to read after you buy any car in the future. I woulda done it before I bought the car, but that's just me.....

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

Quote Originally Posted by Kcguy View Post
    If its allowed of course for those with unlimited carfax access, the vin is 1G6KD54Y31U128871. I did a quick search to see what it said and it listed 20 documentations, so I am just really really curious what could be on there, as the car has been nothing but trouble since I bought it just a month ago lol. I would really appreciate your help if you could do it.
    I saw a show last week about carfax,they are not that great,they do not research the cars ,they rely on people reporting exceptions to them,like if you wrecked your car and told carfax about it,then they would know.

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Unfortunately they are all correct and I'll go one step further; even if you take it to a dealer they might not have information from a non-dealer repair shop; there is no way to tell even with a dealer vin check and a carfax check. Take it to a dealer and let him go through it with a fine tooth comb.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.