Cleaning the trunk
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Cleaning the trunk in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Since getting my car up and running this past week I've spent my time cleaning it and getting things in ...
    Sinister Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Cadillac Fleetwood

Cleaning the trunk

Since getting my car up and running this past week I've spent my time cleaning it and getting things in order. I organized some wires in the trunk and thought I should vaccum it and put things in order. What follows is either ingenious Martha Stewart style, or sadly ghetto and you can laugh. Thought I'd share anyway:

Since I only have one 12" and that hits hard enough on it's own, I mounted the amp on the back of the box and pushed it to the side. Now I have room back there and I thought about getting a wooden box of some sorts for storage. Not finding one, I did the next best thing and created my own out of my PCs cardboard box and an old black shirt.

It's not going to be a permanent thing so I used duct tape.

The inside won't really be visible since I have a ton of stuff. I began filling it, BTW I used the sleeves to hold my jumper cables together There's my jack stands, tire iron, and soft lead hammer.

Next came the oil, coolant, and tool box.

Now it's full, added some towels, oil funnel, and gloves. You can see my jack on the right side along with the squeegee.

On the far left side I have a small wooden box where I keep screws and speaker wire. I'll paint that later. I can also bring the sub out so it lines up with the box so it looks more uniform but I think I rather have it pushed back.

Not bad huh? I'll look for something more permanent soon but this should hold for a bit

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AMENCADDY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car

Re: Cleaning the trunk

very slick. Why look for something better? you already have an upholstered unit that looks very neat and it's even disposable and replaceable.

hmmm... you have a point. I think it looks nice. It's definitely better than the beat up cardboard box I had, I went the same route but I touched it up a bit. Maybe next time I'm due for a replacement I'll step it up again? I've been feeling the DIY itch lately it's funny what you can come up with.

Dave S Texas is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08) 1981 F100 '03FXDL

Cardboard boxes and Cadillacs don't seem to go together..... I bet you can find a better storage solution for your classy ride.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

I hate neatniks. (Not really.......I'm pathetically anal about cleanliness and order. Drives my wife to drink.) Good idea. What about a Dollar General store and their variety of plastic storage boxes ???

Yeah they might have something, I'll take some measurements and see if I find anything I can upgrade to.

What do your guys' trunk setups look like? Mine was pretty scattered so this is 10x better than how it was.

I have everything heavy along the sides, like jack stands tools etc. so if needed I can access the spare without having to grunt too hard. Just a nice plactic Large bin, for groceries and a nice size igloo cooler for frozen/ refrigerated grocs until I get home in the center area.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

I just let the crap bounce around in my trunk. The best time was when I had my floor jack back there and it would smack into the sides of the trunk as it rolled around. That is a good idea.

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

^ me too, as long as it isn't heavy enough to damage my subs.

three subs= three times more likely that something will get broken.

JJAntaya is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

I like it, I have a very long box in my trunk with all my fluids, replacement parts from the junk-yard, etc. I keep an extra sweater back there, some tools for my make-shift toolkit.., flash-light, etc. Yeah, 19 and poor for the most part, but I do have a very nice ride :P

behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Why is everyone hating on the cardboard boxes lol

I have a box with all my engine fluids and cleaning/detailing products tucked in the drivers side of the trunk right in the bump out behind the tail light. My wrench set just floats around back their. I don't have any audio equip in mine so it stays pretty empty. I really need to put more in it though, my emergency kit is laughable, just a pair of very cheap jumper cables that came from the previous owner.

BTW: Sinister, Why no badges on the rear/side of the car? You take them off?

I forgot to mention, the big foldup piece of cardboard that I have back there that is used if and when I need lie down on the ground and reach/look under the car. Plus, the roll-up foam cushion which goes on top of the cardboard. At least I can be sort of comfy while groveling on the ground.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

^ I have a crappy old blanket for that.

behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Quote Originally Posted by AMENCADDY View Post
    I forgot to mention, the big foldup piece of cardboard that I have back there that is used if and when I need lie down on the ground and reach/look under the car. Plus, the roll-up foam cushion which goes on top of the cardboard. At least I can be sort of comfy while groveling on the ground.
    Lol, I have 4 or so flat cardboard boxes in mine aswell, guess they would work for that aswell. The only reason I have them is I was too lazy to unload them when I brought them home from work 7 months ago when I was moving.

Never needed them so I never took them out.

Quote Originally Posted by AMENCADDY View Post
    a nice size igloo cooler for frozen/ refrigerated grocs until I get home in the center area.
    That's a good idea, I'm going to have to try that in the summer time. carrying ice cream and milk back there in 100 degree heat worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodya234 View Post
    ^ me too, as long as it isn't heavy enough to damage my subs.

three subs= three times more likely that something will get broken.
    You should get a sub grill, I was thinking about getting one soon. Couple of years ago I had a 2 liter bottle of soda rolling around in the trunk and it speared my sub

Quote Originally Posted by behind-bars View Post
    my emergency kit is laughable, just a pair of very cheap jumper cables that came from the previous owner.

BTW: Sinister, Why no badges on the rear/side of the car? You take them off?
    Hmmm make sure those cables work for you, I had some cheap ones that were slightly thicker than speaker wire and I couldn't get my car jumped. It took forever but luckily it was outside of Wal Mart and I bought the heavy duty ones. Those suckers are thick and extra long, started right up

Oh I didn't remove the decals, hell no they're on the right side:
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.