Looking at a 91 Fleetwood, confused by seller....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Looking at a 91 Fleetwood, confused by seller.... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Everyone, nice board! I am going to look at a 91 Fleetwood in the next week or so, 82,000 ...
    Wretched is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Looking at a 91 Fleetwood, confused by seller....

Hi Everyone, nice board! I am going to look at a 91 Fleetwood in the next week or so, 82,000 Km and only $2300 CND. My girlfriend called the guy while I was at work today to find out what it would need to be certified.
    The guy said It was his mom's car and it would need brakes, a turn signal lens and "primary fuel pump, because it has a small leak??????"

What the $#@# is a primary fuel pump? The only fuel pump I know of is in the tank, and if it leaked it would be leaking back into the tank would it not? What do you think this guy means, I'm stumped?

Thanks, and is there anything else I should be looking for when I go to see this car?

Adam

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Imprl59 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Looking at a 91 Fleetwood, confused by seller....

You got me. I don't know a heck of a lot about those cars but to my knowledge they only have one fuel pump and, as you said, it is in the tank. Perhaps one of the fittings on top of the tank has been damaged or something like that? Hope it turns out to be a nice car!

Steve B.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

There is only one fuel pump and it is in the tank. Sounds like the seller is confused.

Wretched is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    Sounds like the seller is confused.
    That's what I thought, I was talking to the g/f and she said that he said it was at the top of the tank so I am guessing it must be a damaged line, hopefully it can be fixed without having to replace the whole sending unit! ($$$)

Guy told her that it should cost less than $2,000 to saftey it! I would hope that a fuel leak, brake job and a lens wouldn't cost more than that, mabey $500 at the most! I'm mechanicly inclined and my dad's a mechanic so it's not like there would be ay labour involved, But if he thinks it will cost an arm and a leg, mabey i can get him down in price some more, have to wait and see.

I can't complain though, $2,300 for 87,000kms isn't that bad, I just test drove an 89 DeVille on the weekend that had 313,000km and they were asking $1450.

Adam

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.