Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Air Pressure Sensors dont read the correct wheel---

  1. #1
    alwayscode390's Avatar
    alwayscode390 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04' Deville DTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    78
    Posts
    32

    Question Air Pressure Sensors dont read the correct wheel---

    Hey Everyone ---

    My tire air pressure sensors seem to be wired to the wrong wheels. It will say my drivers rear tire needs air ... so I fill it up, and it will say the drivers front tire is overinflated, lol.

    My car is still under warantee, do I have to get them rewired ... and is this covered?

    Its an 04' DTS ... thanks ---


  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Metro ATL
    Posts
    4,854

    Re: Air Pressure Sensors dont read the correct wheel---

    Forget any rewiring. All you have to do is reset the TPM system. Here's how:


    Use a fairly strong magnet.

    1) Ignition ON.

    2) Press LOCK + UN-LOCK key fob buttons until the horn chirps.

    3) Starting with LF tire, hold the magnet against the valve stem
    for 3 or 4 seconds until the horn chirps. Then RF, then RR,
    then LR. After LR, horn will chirp twice to indicate programming
    is complete.

    There is a timer running that allows 1 minute between wheels and
    5 minutes total elapsed time.

  4. #3
    alwayscode390's Avatar
    alwayscode390 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04' Deville DTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    78
    Posts
    32

    Re: Air Pressure Sensors dont read the correct wheel---

    Wow, that was amazing ... thanks a TON for your help ---

  5. #4
    sven914's Avatar
    sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,256

    Re: Air Pressure Sensors dont read the correct wheel---

    ^This must be done every time you have your tires rotated. They’re supposed to do it at the garage, but they forget all the time. You can remind them by requesting that they re-learn your TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) sensors.

  6. #5
    carloslara is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): deville DHS
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Santo Domingo, Dominican Repub
    Age
    37
    Posts
    16

    Re: Air Pressure Sensors dont read the correct wheel---

    When do you refer to "strong magnet" you refer about a little piece of magnetic piece? or any special tools? and about the lock and unlock must be realize with the remote control?

    i have a similar problem.

    let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Forget any rewiring. All you have to do is reset the TPM system. Here's how:


    Use a fairly strong magnet.

    1) Ignition ON.

    2) Press LOCK + UN-LOCK key fob buttons until the horn chirps.

    3) Starting with LF tire, hold the magnet against the valve stem
    for 3 or 4 seconds until the horn chirps. Then RF, then RR,
    then LR. After LR, horn will chirp twice to indicate programming
    is complete.

    There is a timer running that allows 1 minute between wheels and
    5 minutes total elapsed time.

  7. #6
    dirt_cheap_fleetwood's Avatar
    dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Woodridge, Illinois
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,545

    Re: Air Pressure Sensors dont read the correct wheel---

    They are usually special magnets, very powerful. You should be able to get them at most auto parts stores now as TPMS is now required on all new cars sold in the US.

  8. #7
    eyekandyboats.inc's Avatar
    eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tottenham, Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    1,914

    Re: Air Pressure Sensors dont read the correct wheel---

    Quote Originally Posted by dirt_cheap_fleetwood View Post
    now as TPMS is now required on all new cars sold in the US.
    really!!!! i didnt know that why i wonder?>

  9. #8
    JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Metro ATL
    Posts
    4,854

    Re: Air Pressure Sensors dont read the correct wheel---

    Quote Originally Posted by carloslara View Post
    When do you refer to "strong magnet" you refer about a little piece of magnetic piece? or any special tools? and about the lock and unlock must be realize with the remote control?

    i have a similar problem.

    let me know.
    Try whatever magnet you have available. If that does not work, obtain a larger magnet and try that.

    Be aware that your magnet has to contact the valve stem for several seconds in order to 'hear' the response.

  10. #9
    carloslara is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): deville DHS
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Santo Domingo, Dominican Repub
    Age
    37
    Posts
    16

    Re: Air Pressure Sensors dont read the correct wheel---

    one question, i bough the 4 sensors tps of my cadillac thinking about is was bad, on the dashboard doens't reading the TPS sensor even with good installation. on each wheel says "---"


    ?



    Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Try whatever magnet you have available. If that does not work, obtain a larger magnet and try that.

    Be aware that your magnet has to contact the valve stem for several seconds in order to 'hear' the response.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    24

    Re: Air Pressure Sensors dont read the correct wheel---

    The four valve stems have tiny transmitters in them, each with its own Electronic Serial Number. The magnet exercise causes each valve, in order, to transmit its ESN and wakeup diagnostic code to the receiver inside the car. When you install new stems the receiver does not yet know those new ESNs, just the old ones that are no longer within range of the car. You have to perform the magnet exercise to teach the new ESNs to the receiver and to associate them with the correct wheel locations.

    In use, these tiny transmitters send a pulse containing the ESN and the current tire pressure about once every 30 seconds while in motion and about once every 60 minutes when parked. That is why the lithium batteries in the transmitters only last about 10 years.

  12. #11
    carloslara is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): deville DHS
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Santo Domingo, Dominican Repub
    Age
    37
    Posts
    16

    Re: Air Pressure Sensors dont read the correct wheel---

    there's not wire, is RF wireless sensor.

    if you rotate your wheels, or change it, you have to re-learning the process .


    follow the step describe above.



    Quote Originally Posted by alwayscode390 View Post
    Hey Everyone ---

    My tire air pressure sensors seem to be wired to the wrong wheels. It will say my drivers rear tire needs air ... so I fill it up, and it will say the drivers front tire is overinflated, lol.

    My car is still under warantee, do I have to get them rewired ... and is this covered?

    Its an 04' DTS ... thanks ---


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum