Fogs on 01 Dts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Fogs on 01 Dts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2001 DTS with night vision and all the trimmings. I love it. Has 135k miles and running ...
    f1fitty2k4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS w/night vision

Question Fogs on 01 Dts

I have a 2001 DTS with night vision and all the trimmings. I love it. Has 135k miles and running strong. I replaced the regular running lights with Xenon and was wondering the easiest way to replace/get to the fogs? I read somewhere that you might be able to get to them from under the car, but I do not see anywhere to access. Also if ne1 happens to know what type of bulbs the fogs take standard that would be great....Thanks 4 any help i really appreciate it....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blackonblacklac00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS (RIP),04 DTS (Sold) 04 DTS (Present) 03 CTS (Present)

Re: Fogs on 01 Dts

i replaced mine a while ago....there 2 holes one each side under the car one for left one for right side if you would wanna change ur corning lamp bulbs too go thru the same thing....put ur hand thru them and reach towards the fogs....once u feel them u gotta turn the bulb counter clockwise and pull it and bring it out the socket thru same hole u reached in....change the bulb and place back in......and the bulb is 880/881

f1fitty2k4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS w/night vision

cool....thanks for the help......overall im pretty happy with the car. my night vision lens in the front of the car has been cracked since i got the car which i've just kind of dealt with. im in florida so night vision really hasnt been an option ive had the desire to use. other than that ive been driving with a service stability system light coming on periodically for about a year now, but i figure its just a sensor and being on a tight budget its not of major importance to me. i have noticed a little peeling of paint it appears to be in front of the cover of the NS engine block. i guess b/c of the heat off the engine. the last time i brought the car in i was told i needed to replace a belt soon which i will get done soon. seems like the tranny might slowly be starting to hesitate very slowly which i thought might have something to do with a belt maybe since my fluid is full. hope its not what it appears to be.

blackonblacklac00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS (RIP),04 DTS (Sold) 04 DTS (Present) 03 CTS (Present)

the service stability system light is the wheel speed senor on ur wheel baring....but u gotta replace the whole baring....next time u get a chance pull ur codes and check which one it is....a lot of people have there night vision cracked thats why i didnt go for it....u should get that belt taken care of first tho thats for sure

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx), '04 DTS & the witch driver gone.

Quote Originally Posted by f1fitty2k4 View Post
    ....other than that ive been driving with a service stability system light coming on periodically for about a year now, but i figure its just a sensor and being on a tight budget its not of major importance to me.
    There is no need to speculate or guess at the reason for SERVICE STABILTY SYSTEM message. There is one of several specific reasons and the car is capable of providing clues with Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Here is how to display the codes;

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-warning.html

For suspension problems you are most interested in "C" codes.

You might also find this topic usefull;

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ville-dts.html

Yuben Pimpslapt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville, 1991 Fleetwood (RIP)

How do you like your Xenon lights? I'm thinking of adding them to my 02 Deville but haven't seen anyone else with them. Let me know if you read this.

mberlant is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by f1fitty2k4 View Post
    my night vision lens in the front of the car has been cracked since i got the car which i've just kind of dealt with.
    The first 2001 cars with Night Vision (like mine) were delivered before GM started to put a plastic screen in the grille to shield the camera glass from stones. GM wanted $150 for this part, so I didn't buy one. Murphy's law caught up with me one evening, when a stone smashed my camera glass. I tried finding replacement glass (3mm thick iR coated tempered glass) - no joy. I finally gave up and called my insurance agent, who told me to "get it fixed and don't worry about it any more."

I ended up paying $100 deductible for the job. My insurance company paid $51 for the rest of the labor, and GM ate more than $1000 to replace the camera under warranty.

The punch line? By going through the insurance company, Cadillac sold the $150 part to me for $52.

Whatever you do, you should get part number 25721173. GM wants 1.266 hours of labor to put the part in, but it should take you about 20 seconds to do it yourself. Oops -- It should take you about an additional 20 seconds to pop your hood open and 5 more to close it. Why not round up the labor estimate to one minute?

risho is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Deville DHS

Quote Originally Posted by Yuben Pimpslapt View Post
    How do you like your Xenon lights? I'm thinking of adding them to my 02 Deville but haven't seen anyone else with them. Let me know if you read this.
    I recently just finished changing my dhs front with an all new dts front with fogs looks so much better both 5000K HID's

rdf123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS 220000 KM

You need to remove the big plastic shield that protects the undercarriage. Its really easy. There are about 6-8 plastic fasteners that hold it on. Pop out the centre part of the fastener and it(fastener) will just come out. I did it in about 5 minutes and changed the fog bulbs. I just used the regular bulbs that they sell anywhere. What does it take to change over your bulbs to Xenon?

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.