What is my 1/4 and 0-60 time going to be?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, What is my 1/4 and 0-60 time going to be? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello, I am just wondering what the 1/4 mile and 0-60 on a stock '93 DeVille with the 4.9 would ...
    Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

What is my 1/4 and 0-60 time going to be?

Hello, I am just wondering what the 1/4 mile and 0-60 on a stock '93 DeVille with the 4.9 would be. And any other performance info. Plus was the '91-'93 DeVille ever reviewed in MT or C&D or similar? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: What is my 1/4 and 0-60 time going to be?

My guess would be around a 16 sec. 1/4 and a 0-60 somewhere around 8 sec. Just a guess

03EscaladeAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I saw a review of that somewhere saying the same #s that Kathshot said. Check www.epinions.com

hmmmm, I think the 0-60 was something like the mid 8's (although don't remember where I heard it from) but I would think the 1/4 would be better then 16... I was thinking more like mid 15's or maybe alittle better....

In any case, how much do you guys think a K&N and a chip from Super Chips (claims +18hp and +28ft lbs. tourqe) would improve the times by?

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

K/N is good, performance is neglegable (it is said that you have to boost HP by 10 in order for the seat of the pants to detect ), you may get 3-5hp from that........ Chip may not be a bad idea.....

3-5hp form a K&N?

I am looking at chips, it is $160 for FastChip which claims +13-50hp and $260 for SuperChip which claims 18hp and 28ft lbs. tourqe, I e-mailed the guy at FastChip, and he siad everything is left alone besides that, while SuperChip claims to make the tranny shift more firm, tune enigne to run on better gas, better etc.... I dunno, the $100 price differnce is neat, but being one of the only mods for the 4.9 I would rather spend more money to get the better chip.

I would stick with Ed Wright at FastChip.

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    I would stick with Ed Wright at FastChip.
    Why?

I have heard good and bad things about both, but latly (mostly on GMF) alot more people are saying thatr SuperChips are better.....

The forum I was on before this one was a VERY technical forum and almost exclusively delt with guys that custom flash PCMs etc. The technical level of the guys on that forum was amazing and most would not use anybody but Ed Wright. I've talked with him myself and found his input to be spot-on. Is he falable? Sure. Have I heard of any problems with his work? NO. If I was in need of any help, he'd be the FIRST guy I'd call.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.