What's the difference between these DeVilles and Fleetwoods? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, What's the difference between these DeVilles and Fleetwoods? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by HotRodSaint Don't forget the Fleetwoods towing capacity. That, and the aftermarket parts availability, are the two main ...
    03EscaladeAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: What's the difference between these DeVilles and Fleetwoods?

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodSaint
    Don't forget the Fleetwoods towing capacity. That, and the aftermarket parts availability, are the two main reasons to buy a Fleetwood over a Deville.
    DONT FORGET SIZE

03EscaladeAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sevillius
    the Fleetwood is a bit ugly.

Sevillius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Hey, I'm fairly sorry! I didn't mean,,,,uglyyyyyyyyy.....just, ahem, not as quite good looking as the eldo and seville. After all, I WANT to buy one, to go with the other 2 Cadmobiles in the family driveway!

I really did make one big mistake; I think the Wood is better looking than the DeVille, so I even screwed that up; it should have been the DeVille was the worst looking!

Remember, I mean in comparison to the other Cads, not the common modes of transport.

Trying to dig out of a hole,

Paul

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

why would you want that when you could have this:

http://elwesso.home.insightbb.com/Fleetwood.htm

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

FYI:
    The Fleetwood has been with Cadillac since 1946, years before the Eldorado. It was always associated with the biggest, grandest, most luxurious of the Cadillacs. The "Brougham" name got added to it to further state the ultimate luxury intent of the car.
    Oh, and just another FYI tidbit, the '93-'96 Fleetwood Brougham is over 2 FEET longer than an Escalade and is STILL longer than even the ESV. Only about 4 in. but it's still longer!!

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by 03EscaladeAWD
    DONT FORGET SIZE
    Dude, how did I forget the benefit of owning one of the last BIG Cadillacs?!

There will NEVER, EVER, EVER be another cadillac like the 93-96 fleetwood broughams......... I dont care about the 16, or any other one, just like there will never be another '58 eldo biarritz.... It just wont happen.....

Sevillius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    That's a nice Fleetwood, even with the snowflakes!

I probably can't get one as low mileage as yours is, but I'll find one eventually. I noticed that there seems to be 2 distinct selling patterns for the Fleetwood...seller A wants the premium price, and seller/dealer B can't seem to move these things off their lot.

I'm waiting for seller B. I have time, and, by driving my 96 SLS, I don't have Cadillac fever bad enough to pay a premium for another one.

Looking around,

Paul G.

low mileage fleetwoods are hard to come by, since they are used by fleets, and they run forever....

Man, it was really snowing when I took the pictures..... I had to really hurry to get her back in the garage, she was getting all cold, and aggrevated, had to get her back in the HEATED garage!!!

See if you can find one owned by old people that took it to the cadillac dealer for all the oil changes, and to get something fixed before it actually happened....

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    There will NEVER, EVER, EVER be another cadillac like the 93-96 fleetwood broughams......... I dont care about the 16, or any other one, just like there will never be another '58 eldo biarritz.... It just wont happen.....
    You never know! Who would have thought there would be a retro designed TBird, or Beetle, or even the next Mustang based on the Shelby Cobra. Or '40's style PT Cruiser Woody. Give it twenty years Wes, only problem is they will be electric.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    You never know! Who would have thought there would be a retro designed TBird, or Beetle, or even the next Mustang based on the Shelby Cobra. Or '40's style PT Cruiser Woody. Give it twenty years Wes, only problem is they will be electric.
    frig the '93-'96 Fleetwood, or even 20 years, I want to see a new design of the '59 Eldorado....hell yeah, it's gotta be big, big fins and alotta chrome, weigh a ton and still have no proablem lighting up the tires form a stop

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I want to see a new design of the '59 Eldorado....
    The original '59 couldn't be improved upon, unless it's was the better looking 1960 model.

Might be cool as a Boyd Coddington Hot Rod (and looks ok as a Hot Wheels), but it wouldn't be cool for Cadillac who needs to concentrate on competing with the big boys.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

"frig the '93-'96 Fleetwood??
    EXCUSE ME??!!

Trying to re-do a "classic" is useless. You'll NEVER recapture the magic of the ORIGINAL

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    "frig the '93-'96 Fleetwood??
    EXCUSE ME??!!

Trying to re-do a "classic" is useless. You'll NEVER recapture the magic of the ORIGINAL
    Actually I like the '93-'96 Fleetwood, with the LT1, as it would be a great base to a sleeper.... I was thinking agbout getting one instead of my DeVille, as some were going cheap, but then my car came up with low miles, all the options I wanted and a price that was hard to beat, so I took it.

I persoanlly would rather have a late 70's Coupe DeVille with a 500 and make that a huge sleeper....

Of course.... but the fleetwoods have SOME praticality..... They do get good gas mileage, and are reasonable cars to use as dailys...... But a 70s CDV with the 500 WOULDNT be the car I would want to drive every day to work...... Gas mileage is killer..... Finding a parking spot would be tough.... And if it was your baby you wouldnt want people bashing into it with their car doors.... Its a weekend car......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.