help with programming remote / fob for 2000 DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, help with programming remote / fob for 2000 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i just bought a 2000 DTS a week ago and I only got a valet key with car, no original ...
    bigbaby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS, 2003 Escalade Esv on 24's

help with programming remote / fob for 2000 DTS

i just bought a 2000 DTS a week ago and I only got a valet key with car, no original remote or key. (it was from an auction) I ordered a key and remote from ebay and I know the dealership will have to cut and program the key, but was hoping to program the remote myself. it is remote #2 and the part # is 25695955. thanks in advance !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

skippydts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS AWD - Black inside and out

Re: help with programming remote / fob for 2000 DTS

Not sure if you can do it yourself with the passkey III system .
    I only had set #1 when I bought my car. I got the second key from the dealer ready to go for $100.00. I am looking for the fob #2 and was told the dealer had to do it.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

dealer only

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

deadgnat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac DTS

Once you have the first non-valet key programmed, you can program the rest of them yourself. Follow the instructions for canadian owners in your owner's manual to program keys. If you think you might need a 2nd remote, get it programmed at the same time since all the key/remote programming is usually done for one fee. Remote #1 will be the same number minus 1 on your #2 remote. When I bought my car, it came with only 1 set of keys that were coded as driver #2. I ordered the key through the dealership ($37 before coupon) and bought 2 more remotes on ebay for $14. Programming for everything was $45 and since I ordered the key from the dealership, cutting was free.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.