Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help !!! Coolant Leak 1994 Deville

Help !!! Coolant Leak 1994 Deville

Hi, my car is 1994 Deville 4.9L
    Yesterday while driving i've noticed smoke or vapors coming out from the passenger side of the defroster duct, there was also a smell but not like an electrical burning smell.
    I checked the car today and i saw coolant fluid leaking into the car at the foot area of the passenger seat, i moved the carpet and discover a severe wet all over.
    I think it is the small heater radiator, I need to know if i can disconnect the heater outlet hose and the heater inlet hose and connect them directly so i bypass the heater ?
    If i do so , i understand it will affect with no heater, but will it affect the A/C low temperature ?
    Can i change only part of the heater module, i have the service manual and didn't find any reference about this heater.
    What are my other choices ?

2. Remove Advertisements

cl1986 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, 94 SLS got crushed
    South Dakota

ok, your talking about the heater core. Yes you can bypass this, and no i wont effect your a/c. a heater core is cheap, probrably less than $25. the only this is, installations sucks, some shops will want 250 to do it

+ Reply to Thread

Cadillac Posting Rules