Here's Hoping for the '92
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Here's Hoping for the '92 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well it's been just over a week and I love my Caddy. I purchased a '92 (my First Caddy post ...
    daacon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville D'Elgance

Here's Hoping for the '92

Well it's been just over a week and I love my Caddy. I purchased a '92 (my First Caddy post for pics) and have since done the following:

Insurance Inspection (law here for 10+ year old Vehicles)
    Replace both front break lines
    Replace both rear wheel cylinders
    Break Fluid flush
    4 Wheel alignment

That set me back a mere 334.00 in parts - and the feeking heart surgeon hourly labor rate well .....we don't like to talk about that (753.00) . I went to a caddy dealer as for the initial inspection - that will never happen again.

What kills me is as part of the inspection ,there was a license plate light bulb that needed replacement - this is why they (dealerships) have book time.

Bulb- part $0.90
    Labor $18.60 (.20 of an hour)

Yep hard to believe I gave someone almost 20 bucks to change a light bulb. I am in the wrong business.

Then a few detailing "needs". MP3 player and carpet shampoo, leather treatment and I tried the fibrenew for the cracked armrest - came out pretty good , they also fixed one tear and sealed one small slit on the drivers side (could not guarantee repair so I went for a sealant) that was about $120.00 worth it to me. And of course wash , wax, wash wax...(Damn hard to keep a white car looking clean )

I have owned enough older vehicles to realize repairs are part of the deal. Overall I am very happy. Suspension, Breaks, hoses , tie rods, ball joints, struts, fluids (just changed oil), electrical , etc ..all check out ok.

That's about it for summer (I hope thus the title) - in the fall probably get a command start (Ralph can relate, nice to start the car from inside at -20+ below !). New tires and possibly new rims. (thinking on 16' maybe 17')

Found lots of useful info on this form and some general good banter. Me I am not a do it yoursel kinda guy when it comes to cars (I am self employed - I now equate time with $$$ plus what it would cost to fix what I FU&^ up'ed).

I hope to drive this baby for many years. With 116k miles - not worried about mileage. Perhaps the next vehicle will be a new Caddy (actually bought a new '02 Montana - great van - but I will never buy another new "antything" pending lottery wins of course - depreciation just too damn quick).

So there just a verbally verbose post with no questions or griping. Just a happy owner (so far) on this rainy day (here anyway).

later.............dy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Here's Hoping for the '92

You think its hard to keep a white car clean, try a black car. Especially after using white wax!

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Congrats on getting the Caddy up to spec.....Your right about dealer pricing, went in for a free coupon inspection and said look at the dome light...when they got back the bill plus the $21 oil change was like $75. They had to charge an electricion $45 for looking at the dome light and doing nothing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

daacon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville D'Elgance

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    They had to charge an electricion $45 for looking at the dome light and doing nothing.
    Sweet what ! Be gald he did not change the bulb , would set ya back anotherr 20

I also had a similair $46.50 part of my overrall experience that day. Keyless entry not working . I bought two new batteries when I got it. So .30 of an hour for them to tell me one battery was bad (that is possible but I just bought them , ) , they still could not get it to work. I needed a new Key Pad (I said ok) , could not get that to work, decided I ndeed a new keyless entry receiver at which point I decided that was it, no more poking arouind on my dime , I will use the "key" method for a while. (Funny once you have had Keyless entry it is sooo convienient and I do miss it )

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.