Here's Hoping for the '92
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Here's Hoping for the '92 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well it's been just over a week and I love my Caddy. I purchased a '92 (my First Caddy post ...
    daacon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville D'Elgance

Here's Hoping for the '92

Well it's been just over a week and I love my Caddy. I purchased a '92 (my First Caddy post for pics) and have since done the following:

Insurance Inspection (law here for 10+ year old Vehicles)
    Replace both front break lines
    Replace both rear wheel cylinders
    Break Fluid flush
    4 Wheel alignment

That set me back a mere 334.00 in parts - and the feeking heart surgeon hourly labor rate well .....we don't like to talk about that (753.00) . I went to a caddy dealer as for the initial inspection - that will never happen again.

What kills me is as part of the inspection ,there was a license plate light bulb that needed replacement - this is why they (dealerships) have book time.

Bulb- part $0.90
    Labor $18.60 (.20 of an hour)

Yep hard to believe I gave someone almost 20 bucks to change a light bulb. I am in the wrong business.

Then a few detailing "needs". MP3 player and carpet shampoo, leather treatment and I tried the fibrenew for the cracked armrest - came out pretty good , they also fixed one tear and sealed one small slit on the drivers side (could not guarantee repair so I went for a sealant) that was about $120.00 worth it to me. And of course wash , wax, wash wax...(Damn hard to keep a white car looking clean )

I have owned enough older vehicles to realize repairs are part of the deal. Overall I am very happy. Suspension, Breaks, hoses , tie rods, ball joints, struts, fluids (just changed oil), electrical , etc ..all check out ok.

That's about it for summer (I hope thus the title) - in the fall probably get a command start (Ralph can relate, nice to start the car from inside at -20+ below !). New tires and possibly new rims. (thinking on 16' maybe 17')

Found lots of useful info on this form and some general good banter. Me I am not a do it yoursel kinda guy when it comes to cars (I am self employed - I now equate time with $$$ plus what it would cost to fix what I FU&^ up'ed).

I hope to drive this baby for many years. With 116k miles - not worried about mileage. Perhaps the next vehicle will be a new Caddy (actually bought a new '02 Montana - great van - but I will never buy another new "antything" pending lottery wins of course - depreciation just too damn quick).

So there just a verbally verbose post with no questions or griping. Just a happy owner (so far) on this rainy day (here anyway).

later.............dy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Here's Hoping for the '92

You think its hard to keep a white car clean, try a black car. Especially after using white wax!

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Congrats on getting the Caddy up to spec.....Your right about dealer pricing, went in for a free coupon inspection and said look at the dome light...when they got back the bill plus the $21 oil change was like $75. They had to charge an electricion $45 for looking at the dome light and doing nothing.

daacon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville D'Elgance

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    They had to charge an electricion $45 for looking at the dome light and doing nothing.
    Sweet what ! Be gald he did not change the bulb , would set ya back anotherr 20

I also had a similair $46.50 part of my overrall experience that day. Keyless entry not working . I bought two new batteries when I got it. So .30 of an hour for them to tell me one battery was bad (that is possible but I just bought them , ) , they still could not get it to work. I needed a new Key Pad (I said ok) , could not get that to work, decided I ndeed a new keyless entry receiver at which point I decided that was it, no more poking arouind on my dime , I will use the "key" method for a while. (Funny once you have had Keyless entry it is sooo convienient and I do miss it )

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.