Need a confirm/deny on '99 Deville W/Shield
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Need a confirm/deny on '99 Deville W/Shield in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi gang - just had the windshield on the Deville replaced yesterday (they came to the house while I went ...
    JimHare is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!

Question Need a confirm/deny on '99 Deville W/Shield

Hi gang - just had the windshield on the Deville replaced yesterday (they came to the house while I went to work) - the guy seemed to do a good job, but I noticed while looking at it that there is NOT any moulding around the lower outside edge of the glass, down at the cowling where it runs just aft of the wipers, etc. The entire bottom edge, in other words, is bare. Is this SOP, or did the guy forget a piece of weatherstrip/moulding? I just don't remember if there was anything there before, and I don't know of any other 99's around here I can check to see...

Would appreciate a look-see from anyone with a matching model and see if there is indeed any weatherstripping/moulding along that bottom edge or not.

PS - Cost installed with "lifetime guarantee" against chips and cracks was around $250.00 - much less than I feared.

Thanks!

Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PhantomCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS

Re: Need a confirm/deny on '99 Deville W/Shield

I have a 98 Deville and there is no sheild on the bottom edge.

gjt536 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i just went out to the parking lot to look at my 99. there isnt anything, no rubber weather strip, or metal moulding. just the raw edge of the glass.
    g

JimHare is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!

Thanks very much, guys! Isn't it weird when you notice something like that and can't remember if it's right or not?.. might just be age creeping up on me, though. ...

Thanks again.

Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.