Where do i start?? (87' fleetwood)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Where do i start?? (87' fleetwood) in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 87' Fleetwood d'Elegance in good condition. Im planning on "pimping" it out. I will have the whole ...
    WhipLock is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Where do i start?? (87' fleetwood)

I have a 87' Fleetwood d'Elegance in good condition. Im planning on "pimping" it out. I will have the whole summer free to work on it. Which leaves me lost on where to start after I make sure it will runs well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Where do i start?? (87' fleetwood)

Making it run as new will take a long time and you should be more concerned about doing that than adding some bling bling.....

I think your best bet is to make sure the paint is good (repaint if needed), window tint, rims, and maybe some chrome stuff..... IMO a system is after all exterior stuff is done!

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

change all your filters and fluids. repair parts as needed. After changing fluids, take to a dealer and have them look at it, or a repair shop.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Agreed with RB...

Do what he said, and replace the spark plugs, then take it to a dealer, they will charge you an hour for labor, and they will make a shopping list of stuff that needs done.

Post it here and we cna tell you what needs to be done and in what order.!

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Pimpin it out is cool...If it runs.

WhipLock is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the help. I'll get some pics up pics up soon...

charleybrown is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I want to do the same with my 89 fleetwood, i already did it check by pros and now im looking for rims and maybe air bag suspension. Got any suggestion or tips for the suspension?

MrSmith is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I am curious of something.

This is how I am. I have a Maxima that I slammed and a Legend that I lowered. I know what lowering a car does. To my Deville {91'} I dont wanna lower it but If I put rims on it will I have the fender gap that I hate so much?

See.. when you put rims and tires on a car, you get fender gap. more fender gap then you normally would have. In order to get rid of the fender gap, that causes lowering but lowering gets rid of ride quality. unless there not much fender gap. are yall following me?

I guess what I wanna know is, with this air ride suspension we have. Is there a way to lower the car without lowering springs? On some Lincolins you can add air to lift the car or remove air to lower it. are our cars the same?

Just got a 91' sedan deville {4.9}

--->clickable This caddy is nice, dont know if its lowered or not This is ok too but it has to much fender gap for me I just dont like the lifted look.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.