'94 Deville, no AC, no codes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, '94 Deville, no AC, no codes in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My '94 Deville doesn't cool. There are no codes. The Compressor clutch doesn't cycle. If I pull the AC clutch ...
    imaddicted2u is offline Cadillac Owners Member

'94 Deville, no AC, no codes

My '94 Deville doesn't cool. There are no codes. The Compressor clutch doesn't cycle. If I pull the AC clutch relay and jump the clutch contacts the clutch coil pulls in and turns the compressor, but there is still no cooling. Shouldn't there be a code thrown when the AC doesn't cool. If the AC charge is low, can a refill kit be had?
    Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: '94 Deville, no AC, no codes

R-134a coolant with guage and sealer goes for around 30-35 bucks.

Thanks, I live in Canada and the refrigerant is not sold in cans here. I did drive to Calais Maine and the Walmart there had lots in stock. After pumping in the cans from the kit into my '94 Deville my AC is working fine. So far anyway. I tried to bring back a few extra cans to recharge my '90 Deville but the Canadian customs wouldn't allow me to bring it into Canada so I had to return it. I guess the '90 will be taking a drive to Calais so I can recharge it there. I'll use the retrofit fittings from the kit on the '90 and I'll just have to buy a few cans of the R134a. Then hopefully it will be a cool car again too.
    thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    I wonder why there were no trouble codes.

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Before I would recharge it, I would determine why it leaked out in the first place?

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

"I wonder why there were no trouble codes."

YAH , why arent there codes , should be , theres a sensor for it ....you should have gotten a code AO47 -low refigerant charge , makes me wonder if the sensor failed , then again it didnt cycle the compressor when the charge was low so it knew something was wrong

do they make tracer dye for r134a? (ive only worked with r12 , im old school)

They do make tracer dye. There is also a brand of refrigerant that has a UV tracer. You have to buy UV glasses and flashlight. The stuff I used is for high mileage vehicles. It had compressor oil and leak sealer in each of the 3 cans that came in the retrofit kit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.