1999 Cadillace Deville BASE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 1999 Cadillace Deville BASE in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Can someone tell me something about this car? Some opinions? is the car too floaty? (I really dont mind it ...
    03EscaladeAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

1999 Cadillace Deville BASE

Can someone tell me something about this car? Some opinions? is the car too floaty? (I really dont mind it being a land yacht. I kinda like not feeling the potholes and think it would be kinda cool to be tipping from side to side as if in a boat lol) I dont want the center console, and I want the Hood ornamant and column shifter, so bye bye 300 hp. Is the 275 hp enough accelaration? I mean I dont want any speed demon, I mostly want a big luxurious hog if I buy a car like this. I like the FWD cause its better in the snow and theres no lump. I like the 1999 model because 1)its cheaper 2)its the last year model for that generation 3)its more traditional than the current one (floaty suspension and real fins) 4)people might get mad at us for having two new Cadillacs. (They'll think we're 80 years old) I dont plan on getting any 20s though, just stock. Maybe some engine work. I heard its good in a straight line, but not in the curves. Screw it! The curves by our house our extremely sharp and very bumpy with potholes, so it would be kinda fun going 50 mph on a sharp turn, at a 45 degree angle. I wouldnt feel a single pothole. So the point is dont convince me on a newer STS because I'll take the land yacht. Will I have any regrets?:
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    i like the pre 2000 devilles, i dont think you'll be sorry. I like the styling alot, and although im not sure of actual numbers, they do seem roomier than the 2000+ models.

Yes, they are roomier by about a few inches, and bigger by about a few inches too. I like traditional American!

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I've certainly NEVER seen a car with more rear-seat leg room than my '91 Fleet FWD. My fiance wants me to get a smaller car 'cause it is a "waste of space!"

LOL those 91 Fleetwoods are HOT! I love the fins on them and the styling. Its a TRUE Cadillac. I just cant picture ever owning one though.

Originally posted by 03EscaladeAWD
    LOL those 91 Fleetwoods are HOT! I love the fins on them and the styling. Its a TRUE Cadillac. I just cant picture ever owning one though.
    Drive mine, and you will want to own one. The fins and skirts are really what seem to make it distinctive, "Light Antelope" color doesn't hurt either. Don't mind my rambling, I am still getting over the fact that I am fortunate enough to own and experience on of these cars.

So? Which will I be happiest with? The 91 Fleetwoood, the 96 Fleetwood, or the 99 Deville? Japan is a leader of ship building for water but America is the leader of ship building for land!

You probably won't be able to find a '91 with decent low mileage (I'm open to offers) By '96 do you want RWD or FWD? Personally I like the '99 'cause last year for the classy tailights, nice styling, etc. My dad's new DTS seems very sporty and racy in styling, while the older ones seem more classy and elaborate. IMO. What is available in your area and how much do they want?

I'm not sure if I want FWD or RWD. RWD is a lot better for peroformance, but the 99 DeVille is already better than the 96 fleetwood for performance. FWD is better for the annual snow we get way down here. Yes, it snows in North Carolina. I really want the LT1 though because you can upgrade it more. (right?)

I'm not sure if I want FWD or RWD. RWD is a lot better for peroformance, but the 99 DeVille is already better than the 96 fleetwood for performance. FWD is better for the annual snow we get way down here. Yes, it snows in North Carolina. I really want the LT1 though because you can upgrade it more. (right?)
    That's what I hear, but you need to talk to Katshot about the upgrades, I would be interested in some as well.

So? Which will I be happiest with? The 91 Fleetwoood, the 96 Fleetwood, or the 99 Deville? Japan is a leader of ship building for water but America is the leader of ship building for land!
    It's subjective, you will have to look at all, test drive and make a decision. You cannot go wrong since they are all Caddies.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    The '99 Deville is better than the '96 Fleetwood for PERFORMANCE???? I wouldn't say that.
    The Deville is a nice enough car but the RWD Fleetwood will provide:
    1. A nicer ride
    2. Equal performance (stock vs stock)
    3. Studier platform
    4. Safer platform
    5. Better durability
    6. Much more performance upgrades available

You know, I was trying to think of a situation where the FWD Deville would be a better choice but unless you either just gotta have FWD, or just don't want the extra size of the RWD Fleetwood, I can't think of any, sorry.

To me, the RWD Fleetwood was the last REAL Cadillac in as much as it screamed CADILLAC from it's size, to it's styling. There's nothing "high-tech" about the RWD Fleetwood and it makes NO APOLOGIES ABOUT IT !!!!!

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    The FWD will do better in snow, if thats a perk.

IMO, you shouldnt be driving your caddy in the snow anyway!!

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by Katshot
    The '99 Deville is better than the '96 Fleetwood for PERFORMANCE

To me, the RWD Fleetwood was the last REAL Cadillac in as much as it screamed CADILLAC from it's size, to it's styling. There's nothing "high-tech" about the RWD Fleetwood and it makes NO APOLOGIES ABOUT IT !!!!!

Personally, I like the looks of the DeVille WAY better! And regardless of opinions to the contrary FWD/RWD BOTH have their strong points!.......So, It's very subjective I.M.O.

We're allowed to have an opinion here....Right?

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    I like the styling of the Deville better, the later year Fleetwoods seemed to bulbous, i like the 80's models and the FWD is fine with me. Frankly, I've never been in my Cadillac thinking "Oh, if I only had RWD I could....".

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.