1988 Sedan Deville Speakers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 1988 Sedan Deville Speakers in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey guys. I've done my fair share of searching the forums before I made this post. I recently bought my ...
    DesignKid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

1988 Sedan Deville Speakers

Hey guys. I've done my fair share of searching the forums before I made this post. I recently bought my second Cadillac and am in the process of upgrading the current audio system. I don't anticipate putting any subwoofers in the trunk, but I do have replacement 6x9 and 4x6 speakers picked out. I also got a speaker wiring harness for all four speakers so I can always put the old factory ones back in if the time ever comes. I hopped in the trunk, and was in desperate hope that replacing the speakers would be as simple of a task as it was when I installed speakers in my 1980 Fleetwood Brougham. The Fleetwood speakers just had a bracket that kept them secure, but the Deville speakers drop in. From what I read it appears that I have to remove the rear seat. So, I did was previous posts said. I removed the cover in the trunk, and looked for bolts and nuts in the corners, and all around. I've had no luck finding such a thing. I also read that in some models you need to remove the entire dash when installing the 4x6 speakers. I guess I just need some clarity to installing speakers in this model vehicle. Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brizzal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: 1988 Sedan Deville Speakers

my 95 i have to pull up the part by the back window it get to my 6x9s

ehall is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

I have the Fisher body manual for 1985 and it says that you push in the sides of the grill and lift up. It appears that the underside of the grill has a slotted edge that grips the rear panel.

jamesmdx1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Coupe Deville, 1991 Coupe Deville, 1989, 1994 Eldorado

I have an 88 coupe and you have to remove the front dash pad to get at the dash speakers, the grills don't pull off, you will break them... the rear you have to remove the rear seats and the rear dash, the speakers are held in by 2 clips (on a bracket) on each side of them, carefully pry the clips out.. and lift speaker out. i have detailed instructions if you want to email me - jamesmdx1@aol.com

ehall is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

I just checked my 95 DeVille. The cloth grills over the speakers have tabs that go under the rear panel, so you just push them over to one side and lift up. There is a speaker holder assembly, that simply drops into a bracket, and should just pop out. From there you can remove and replace the speakers, then pop the bracket back in, and push the cloth grill back into position.

I found some water on one of mine, so it looks like I've got a rear window leak that I'll have to take care of before I replace mine.

DesignKid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

I think I might just have it done by Best Buy considering it's winter in Wisconsin and I don't have access to a garage.

pearlwhitecaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac deville

if your replacing the stereo, you might have trouble finding a trim kit. I went to best buy to get my trim but it didnt fit perfect so i had to modify it. Also your new stereo might be longer then the old delco stereo and the new stereos back will not go all the way in. To fix that I got a extension face plate piece that allows the stereo to sit out a little bit farther.

DTorres78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Sedan DeVille

Hey Jamesmdx1,

I just inherited a 1988 Cadillac Sedan Deville and I need to replace the speakers. I read your helpful post about speaker replacements for the Deville and was hoping you can e-mail me the detailed instructions you mentioned in your post. I realy hope you can help me out and I'll keep you updated on the progress, if your interested. Thank you!

(Sorry for posting a direct message to someone on this post but I haven't been a member long enough to send private messages)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.