Blower motor relay
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Blower motor relay in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My blower motor won't shut off when I turn off the car. I pulled the super fuse temporarily. I'm guessing ...
    devil is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Blower motor relay

My blower motor won't shut off when I turn off the car. I pulled the super fuse temporarily. I'm guessing that theres a NO relay somewhere thats faulty. But it doesn't tell me anywhere that I can see which one it is. Anyone know. Its a 92 Sedan deville> thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Blower motor relay

Someone told me it might be the blower control module. What/Where is this located. Thanks

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

OMG this is the EXACT same problem as I have been having for the last 3 days.... I washed my car, got home, shut it off, adn the blower motor stays on.... I pulled the fuse, but have no climate controls right now....

....something that got me wondering was, why when the ECC is *OFF* air owuld come out of the defrost vents and the floor duct, then it got me thinking, even when it is off, there is always some airflow going throw, so the ECC probably just makes air come out of those vents, and normally the blower wouldn't be on....

....we have looked EVERYWHERE and check the whole factory service manual for a blower relay.... there is none, what we think it is now is the blower control module.... it is the only thing that can be wrong....

my car is a 1993 Coupe DeVille..... I find it strange that 2 people are having the same problem on a similar car at the same time.... please e-mail me at InoventionsEast@optonline.net, as I would like to keep in touch about this, and maybe we can help each other out.

That;s what I've been told but I don't know where the control module is. I looked in Chiltons but its not shown.

Kinda lousy cause its starting to get hot out.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Check a Haynes manual, i know their as good as asspaper but they may help in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    Check a Haynes manual, i know their as good as asspaper but they may help in this situation.
    Found a copy for RWD models. No reference to control module

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    OMG this is the EXACT same problem as I have been having for the last 3 days.... I washed my car, got home, shut it off, adn the blower motor stays on.... I pulled the fuse, but have no climate controls right now....

....something that got me wondering was, why when the ECC is *OFF* air owuld come out of the defrost vents and the floor duct, then it got me thinking, even when it is off, there is always some airflow going throw, so the ECC probably just makes air come out of those vents, and normally the blower wouldn't be on....

....we have looked EVERYWHERE and check the whole factory service manual for a blower relay.... there is none, what we think it is now is the blower control module.... it is the only thing that can be wrong....

my car is a 1993 Coupe DeVille..... I find it strange that 2 people are having the same problem on a similar car at the same time.... please e-mail me at InoventionsEast@optonline.net, as I would like to keep in touch about this, and maybe we can help each other out.
    As soon as I remove and replace mine I;ll let you know how it works out.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Did you guys consider changing the fuse? Even though it looks fine it might not be working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    Did you guys consider changing the fuse? Even though it looks fine it might not be working properly.
    I tried swapping that first thing. Its one of those big :super fuses: still wouldn't shut off.

Winn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dear All,

I had thissame problem about a month ago and someone here told me that it was blower moter module. Since I am in Thailand, I am waitig for this part to come from the US. If you still cannot find the module here is where it is. Look in the engine compartment at the blower which should be near the center of the car. Then you will see big plateic cover above that. You have to unscrew two nuts to take the cover off. Then trace the wire from the blower you will get to the modeule. It's a like a small computer box. Hope this help. I have 1 990 Deville.

OK, it was the blower control module.

If it ever happems to you the BCM is located under the relay panel in the engine compartment up against the firewall.

You need to remove a few nuts and screws and the entire relay box will lift out of the way.

The blowe control module is right below that. Its bolted into a black plastic box thing. A new one is about $140.00.

Junkyard $5.00

jfolker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Uhm, BCM = BODY control module.... What exactly was replaced because i'm having a problem with the blower coming on and off random times and the fuel mileage, radio, climated control flashing a buch of times.... I hear a relay click but nothing. So I was thinking about replacing the BCM.

jf

Smile Re: Blower motor relay

Sorry about calling it a bcm

I replaced the Blower Control Module.

Sounds like you have some kind of a loose ground or something though

HaYnBenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have 1993 deVille and took out the relay/fuse panel next to the firewall. I removed a little black box, but it is attached to a piece of aluminum with fins. Looks something like an amplifier with fins to dissipate heat. Is this the module?

I think it is according to another post. If I get it fixed, I will email pics to anyone who cares to have them.

It is DELCO part number 16173860.

Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.