Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Started Car Then It "Died" and Other Various Questions

662 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MisterBlue 
#1 · (Edited)
All questions are pertaining to a 93' Deville

1. I started my car yesterday and everything seemed fine, engine started up.....but a second after the engine got revving all the dash lights went on ( analog dash; oil, temp, brakes, etc ). I thought it was very odd, so I decided to give it alittle gas to see if the engine would rev and had nothing. I had to turn the key off and restart again....which had no problem.

2. My ABS light is staying on and I havent a clue why (ABS fuse is intact and not blown). I am not sure if the ABS is working because I really do not have any gravel around me and it isnt even close to snowing in Mi yet.

Could it be a sensor of sorts? I was told that I need some front suspension work done, could that have anything to do with it?

3. When I am low on gas around 3-4gallons and I hit the gas (such as pulling out on to a heavy traffic highway from a residential road) my car loses ALOT of power if not all of it. Could this be a bad O2 sensor? or something far worse?

Thanks for any information it is greatly needed

-Jp

See less See more
#2 ·
No.2 is likely a failed wheel speed sensor. It is integral to the hub assembly. Run a continuity test on each one to find the bad one. Then R & R the hub & bearing assembly. The plug for the sensor is on the inboard side of the hub.

No.3 is a bad tank baffle. When less than 1/4 tank and making a turn, the fuel sloshes away from the pump and it starts to suck air. Replace the tank or keep it above 1/4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.