Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pics of your FWD - Deville series, Fleetwood, 60

821K views 2K replies 630 participants last post by  skyquest2 
#1 ·
ide like to see what pics we got going on here just picked this 95 up and will update with more but feel free to drop your pic maybe even get this stickied here goes.............

Attachments

See less See more
#1,417 ·
After several emails, we got a design that I think looks fantastic.

The first one they sent me was this:

Obviously, that's not right. The picture of the real emblem I sent them had a little glare on it, so they thought that the chrome between the colored portions was white, and that the blue horizontal lines and "ducks" were black.

The second one looked great, but they accidentally used a lighter color grey between the colored sections. So I had them send one with all light grey (since the emblem is chrome), but it looked way too washed out. Then I had one made in all dark grey. For some reason, it didn't look right, it made it look a little dull and boring, and it made the blue color look too dark.

So in the end, their mistake worked out:

If you over think it (as I do), the chrome on a real emblem would appear different shades of grey (silver) anyway, because different parts are at different angles, so the two different greys aren't all that unrealistic. Anyway, I really like how it turned out.