Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pics of your FWD - Deville series, Fleetwood, 60

820K views 2K replies 630 participants last post by  skyquest2 
#1 ·
ide like to see what pics we got going on here just picked this 95 up and will update with more but feel free to drop your pic maybe even get this stickied here goes.............

Attachments

See less See more
#930 ·
Re: pics of your fwd

Ha! Looks like mine almost right now with the snow on it. Except mine is a 92.

Are you in PA or NJ? It's the first snow we had all winter over here.

How is it in the snow? I haven't driven mine in the snow yet. I can't drive my 92 right now so I can't test out it's snow ability.

#932 ·

Ha! Looks like mine almost right now with the snow on it. Except mine is a 92.

Are you in PA or NJ? It's the first snow we had all winter over here.

How is it in the snow? I haven't driven mine in the snow yet. I can't drive my 92 right now so I can't test out it's snow ability.
I'm in MA, and this is the first real snow we've had, and I've been rocking my snow tires unnecessarily since November. With the snow tires, and judging by only about 20 miles of driving in the snow with this car so far, it seems like it'll do great. I haven't had a chance to drive it in really heavy snow on untreated roads, or on the highway in the snow, but it was very competent around town yesterday. Traction control seems to work great and it'll pull away no sweat. I did notice the mass when trying to stop on packed snow, and I am very mindful of the mass when turning since inertia will likely try to make that boat continue on in a straight line, lol. As long as you remember that you are driving a 4,000 lb boat that doesn't like to change direction or speed quickly, it should be very safe in the snow, especially going in a straight line where all that inertia will make it very stable and safe on slick surfaces.

#954 ·

It only had 99 000 miles on it, its rear struts were shot as well as the left bank exhaust manifold. it was getting soft in the rockers and frame in the back but no holes when I bought it. Over the last year I cut out a lot of rusty metal and welded in new pieces for the rear frame and drivers side rocker panel.
I did a few other things like wheel bearings sway bar links rear ball joints. I do this all in my spare time so it really only cost me another $700 over the course of a year to get it to where it is now

#955 ·
thanks. I actually got new tires just a couple of years ago, it had the original 18 year old Michelins on them now Goodyears. I asked about whitewalls and they are getting pretty difficult to get. Much like white lettered sport tires, I think WW's will only be a special order item soon, or here at least. I got used to blackwalls and everyone tells me it is more "modern" :p

#957 ·
Forgoten214 said:
Walmart and Firestone have both in our size in stock. ;)
funny thing is I got my first set, Goodyear Spectras, and all 4 were defective and wobbling after only 300 miles! I went back to the Goodyear Tire store and still had to end up paying $150 for new and better Goodyear "Assurance" tires and they have been perfect ever since. Yeah I'm glad our tires are cheap compared to some 17's out there like n my dad's '03 DTS.

#958 ·

Yea I know what you mean, you have to be careful over there. Some tires are junky and some are really good. They just started Hankook tires and those are really good tires for the price and are available in WhiteWall.

Oh yea? Goodyear Assurance? I heard of those, they make several different Assurances or whatever they're called. lol. Triple tread, Comfortread...ect Which ones did you get do you remember?

I still like the vintage look of the whitewalls. lol

#959 ·
Forgoten214 said:
Yea I know what you mean, you have to be careful over there. Some tires are junky and some are really good. They just started Hankook tires and those are really good tires for the price and are available in WhiteWall.

Oh yea? Goodyear Assurance? I heard of those, they make several different Assurances or whatever they're called. lol. Triple tread, Comfortread...ect Which ones did you get do you remember?

I still like the vintage look of the whitewalls. lol
hmm, good question. I couldn't find my bill and I went through all my car stuff, but I only know they say "Assurance" on them. I should clarify why I had to pay $150 for 4 new tires (original cost over $400) and it was because under warrenty they pro-rate the wear on them. It's too bad I even had to pay anything because they were basically brand new and it wasn't fair but that is how they do it :/ Same for car batteries I think, some places give 1 year exchange no questions asked then they go month by month after that.

#960 ·

Wow. I guess you kinda got screwed then huh. I've been wondering myself if I should go with tires from Walmart or not in the future and batteries. They have the best prices for both but I'm still unsure yet.

The Goodyear Assurance Comfortred are really nice tires, I heard they are the most comfortable tires you can purchase. No whitewall though. :( But if you don't mind it, hey who's stoppin ya? lol

#961 ·
Forgoten214 said:
Wow. I guess you kinda got screwed then huh. I've been wondering myself if I should go with tires from Walmart or not in the future and batteries. They have the best prices for both but I'm still unsure yet.

The Goodyear Assurance Comfortred are really nice tires, I heard they are the most comfortable tires you can purchase. No whitewall though. :( But if you don't mind it, hey who's stoppin ya? lol
lol yup and I think you would be safe to get them from Walmart and here is my theory on this........I think Walmart is cheaper so therefore ey sell more tires and this way they always have a fresh supply. I have a feeling because the Goodyear store is so much $$$ those tires I got probably sat around for months until a sucker like me came along. Never buy tires made in China! I read check the sidewall to make sure they say "USA, Canada or Australia" and those are tthe quality ones. My aunt had a pair or Continentals from China on her Nissan Altima and they wore out somehow in 35,000 miles and she only drives that thing to church basically!