Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pics of your FWD - Deville series, Fleetwood, 60

820K views 2K replies 630 participants last post by  skyquest2 
#1 ·
ide like to see what pics we got going on here just picked this 95 up and will update with more but feel free to drop your pic maybe even get this stickied here goes.............

Attachments

See less See more
#292 ·
Re: pics of your fwd

Here is my 1991 Fleetwood with 19k miles. Factory Astro.
Did you buy that off a guy in South Dakota? If you did then he is a member here. A few months ago he made a thread about selling his baby. It was a fully loaded, white Sixty Special with 19K on the clock.

#295 ·

Here's something I thought you guys might like. Pics of my sister's '93 SDV. :bouncy: 119k, mint condition (up until recently........) and great red leather.
My Phantom makes a cameo appearance too :highfive:

When the snow melts I'll be sure to get pics of our '93 daily driver, and my dad's white on tan '93. :cool2:

#298 ·

Here's something I thought you guys might like. Pics of my sister's '93 SDV. :bouncy: 119k, mint condition (up until recently........) and great red leather.
My Phantom makes a cameo appearance too :highfive:

When the snow melts I'll be sure to get pics of our '93 daily driver, and my dad's white on tan '93. :cool2:
I love this exterior color and I have the same interior in my 93 SDV. I think my favorite color combo in 93 was the Touring Sedan with the red exterior and beechwood interior.

#296 ·

^ Wow, you guys really like your early 90's DeVilles. I wanna see pics of the semi truck!

#299 ·

I wanna see pics of the semi truck!
That thing? :)

It's an International (don't know the model number; too cold to go outside)
Armed with a AMC 404ci gasoline V8 that produces around 250-300hp and a boatload of torque. Mated to an Allison transmission, who's shell is worth more then the whole truck.

We use it like a mobile garage/Cadillac parts warehouse, because it has a hydraulic lift that makes taking heavy things on and off a breeze. :bouncy:

#301 ·

Brizzal, the new bumper trim up front turned out very nice. Either that or the picture is too small for me to see the damage. :)

#303 · (Edited)

Here are some pics of my 2000 Deville...flawless with the exception of a little paint wear on the right front fender from grazing another car.

Attachments

#304 ·

Here's what you've all been waiting for! I took my sister's camera so here is some 8 megapixel (resized of course) pictures of all the vehicles on our side of the driveway right now.

My beautiful Phantom ('91):

Sister's red '93:

'93 Parts Car (suffered crippling frame damage in an accident) :

Dad's White on Tan '93, complete with sunroof. (Easily the prettiest):

Finally, the truck, an International CargoMaster 1710:

My sister took the '93 Daily Driver out to a friend's house, so no pics for now, but soon!

#307 ·

Here's what you've all been waiting for! I took my sister's camera so here is some 8 megapixel (resized of course) pictures of all the vehicles on our side of the driveway right now.

My beautiful Phantom ('91):

Sister's red '93:

'93 Parts Car (suffered crippling frame damage in an accident) :

Dad's White on Tan '93, complete with sunroof. (Easily the prettiest):

Finally, the truck, an International CargoMaster 1710:

My sister took the '93 Daily Driver out to a friend's house, so no pics for now, but soon!
With those new pics, yu should also post pics of the mods you claim to have made.

#310 · (Edited)

I had the heads decked to bring the compression ratio to 10.5:1 as well. The only side effects of this being that I must use 93 octane, or it'll knock like a boxer. :want:
I was also looking at turbocharging, but since the compression ratio is so high, it would be impractical. But I have another engine laying around, maybe that will be a future project. :thumbsup:

I actually wish there was more to look at under the hood though. When I finally get around to ordering that CAI I'll be sure to put a nice heat shield on it so there's something to look at. :cool2:

#311 ·

I had the heads decked to bring the compression ratio to 10.5:1 as well. The only side effects of this being that I must use 93 octane, or it'll knock like a boxer. :want:
I was also looking at turbocharging, but since the compression ratio is so high, it would be impractical. But I have another engine laying around, maybe that will be a future project. :thumbsup:

I actually wish there was more to look at under the hood though. When I finally get around to ordering that CAI I'll be sure to put a nice heat shield on it so there's something to look at. :cool2:
How'd you boost the compression?

#312 ·

When the heads are decked you remove material from the cylinder heads, ergo the compression ratio is increased because the combustion chamber is larger.

I'd also like to mention that I don't do my own head work. My half-brother, who is a former GM tech and hot-rod mechanic does it at well reduced price, which is why I can get such work done without blowing my budget. Plus I don't have the skill to remove .015" of material from anything. :thepan:

#313 ·

When the heads are decked you remove material from the cylinder heads, ergo the compression ratio is increased because the combustion chamber is larger.

I'd also like to mention that I don't do my own head work. My half-brother, who is a former GM tech and hot-rod mechanic does it at well reduced price, which is why I can get such work done without blowing my budget. Plus I don't have the skill to remove .015" of material from anything. :thepan:
Shaving only .015" of the head,will get you no where close to 10.5:1 compression.

#314 ·

What I meant is that .015" was removed with each pass of the shaver, with two passes making a grand total of .030" per cylinder.

No, it doesn't sound like a lot, but the combustion chamber is very small, measuring in at less then .4 of an inch between the head and the piston when it's at top dead center. Making .030 a little bit less then an 8% in chamber size, and 8% of 9.5 is roughly .80, bringing the estimate for static compression ratio to about 10.3:1, which I round to 10.5:1 for my own sake, as well as factoring in the way parts strech when they're hot making that difference even smaller.

#320 ·

I'll see what I can do, I tried to clean her off this morning but the snow on the hood is like rock. Having no garage kinda sucks. :(
I hear you, man! I hate leaving my baby..er, my Deville, out in the yard. One hour gets pine straw all in my doors and under my wipers.

Hey, when you get older, make sure your house has a garage, and you'll be set!

#322 ·

4.9 Guy, excellent video! I like the technical description! The exhaust does make a bit of a rattling noise, though, like it was coming from the pipe.

Here's mine. It's just a turbomuffler and a free-flow cat. It sounds much better now that I've had my fuel system cleaned out.

#326 ·

Our '93 Daily driver has a crack in the exhaust right behind the cat converter. It sounds like a tank, but on the inside it's annoying because the crack is right under the passenger compartment :thepan:

Too bad we can't fix it till later, no garage = no work gets done.

#327 ·

^ My '88 did that last year. Pissed me the hell off. I wound up having to take it to a Merlin anyway because they had to take a torch to it. I drove there with no exhaust at all, it just came straight off the cat. That was an interesting trip. :)