Pics of your FWD - Deville series, Fleetwood, 60 - Page 64
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 103 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Like Tree759Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Pics of your FWD - Deville series, Fleetwood, 60 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Out of the 2 beasts I would say the dts is quieter its the best cadillac in my opinion and ...
    Cadillacdts01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 cadillac deville, 2001 cadillac dts
    Out of the 2 beasts I would say the dts is quieter its the best cadillac in my opinion and will be a classic one day since they only made a 300hp northstar for 4 yeara

Forgoten214 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan DeVille

Re: pics of your fwd

What about the DeVille Concours and DTS Performance/Platinum editions? Weren't those equally as fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillacdts01 View Post
    Out of the 2 beasts I would say the dts is quieter its the best cadillac in my opinion and will be a classic one day since they only made a 300hp northstar for 4 yeara

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

As far as I know I think the Concours had 300HP as well from 1996 and up. My uncle's '98 did. The DTS Performance I think has 292HP. It's basically the identicle engine to the '05 Deville DTS.

Well what did they change between 2004 and 2005 to have less horse power? I've always wondered that.

Quote Originally Posted by KNCadillac8898 View Post
    As far as I know I think the Concours had 300HP as well from 1996 and up. My uncle's '98 did. The DTS Performance I think has 292HP. It's basically the identicle engine to the '05 Deville DTS.

TravisJamesBarrett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 deville

picked this up for $700 last year

Cadillacdts01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 cadillac deville, 2001 cadillac dts
    The deville dts has a 300hp engine while the deville has 275hp and although the 96 had a 300hp engine the 96 was heavier then the 2001

last one failed to upload here it is my $700 cadillac

Wow, very nice man!

Does it have any problems with it? Looks great. Especially for 700. I purchased my old 1990 for 600 but it had over 260k on it at the time of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisJamesBarrett View Post
    last one failed to upload here it is my $700 cadillac

It only had 99 000 miles on it, its rear struts were shot as well as the left bank exhaust manifold. it was getting soft in the rockers and frame in the back but no holes when I bought it. Over the last year I cut out a lot of rusty metal and welded in new pieces for the rear frame and drivers side rocker panel.
    I did a few other things like wheel bearings sway bar links rear ball joints. I do this all in my spare time so it really only cost me another $700 over the course of a year to get it to where it is now

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    thanks. I actually got new tires just a couple of years ago, it had the original 18 year old Michelins on them now Goodyears. I asked about whitewalls and they are getting pretty difficult to get. Much like white lettered sport tires, I think WW's will only be a special order item soon, or here at least. I got used to blackwalls and everyone tells me it is more "modern"

Walmart and Firestone have both in our size in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    thanks. I actually got new tires just a couple of years ago, it had the original 18 year old Michelins on them now Goodyears. I asked about whitewalls and they are getting pretty difficult to get. Much like white lettered sport tires, I think WW's will only be a special order item soon, or here at least. I got used to blackwalls and everyone tells me it is more "modern"

Quote Originally Posted by Forgoten214
    Walmart and Firestone have both in our size in stock.
    funny thing is I got my first set, Goodyear Spectras, and all 4 were defective and wobbling after only 300 miles! I went back to the Goodyear Tire store and still had to end up paying $150 for new and better Goodyear "Assurance" tires and they have been perfect ever since. Yeah I'm glad our tires are cheap compared to some 17's out there like n my dad's '03 DTS.

Yea I know what you mean, you have to be careful over there. Some tires are junky and some are really good. They just started Hankook tires and those are really good tires for the price and are available in WhiteWall.

Oh yea? Goodyear Assurance? I heard of those, they make several different Assurances or whatever they're called. lol. Triple tread, Comfortread...ect Which ones did you get do you remember?

I still like the vintage look of the whitewalls. lol

funny thing is I got my first set, Goodyear Spectras, and all 4 were defective and wobbling after only 300 miles! I went back to the Goodyear Tire store and still had to end up paying $150 for new and better Goodyear "Assurance" tires and they have been perfect ever since. Yeah I'm glad our tires are cheap compared to some 17's out there like n my dad's '03 DTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgoten214
    Yea I know what you mean, you have to be careful over there. Some tires are junky and some are really good. They just started Hankook tires and those are really good tires for the price and are available in WhiteWall.

Oh yea? Goodyear Assurance? I heard of those, they make several different Assurances or whatever they're called. lol. Triple tread, Comfortread...ect Which ones did you get do you remember?

I still like the vintage look of the whitewalls. lol
    hmm, good question. I couldn't find my bill and I went through all my car stuff, but I only know they say "Assurance" on them. I should clarify why I had to pay $150 for 4 new tires (original cost over $400) and it was because under warrenty they pro-rate the wear on them. It's too bad I even had to pay anything because they were basically brand new and it wasn't fair but that is how they do it :/ Same for car batteries I think, some places give 1 year exchange no questions asked then they go month by month after that.
    Forgoten214 and Forgoten214 like this.

Wow. I guess you kinda got screwed then huh. I've been wondering myself if I should go with tires from Walmart or not in the future and batteries. They have the best prices for both but I'm still unsure yet.

The Goodyear Assurance Comfortred are really nice tires, I heard they are the most comfortable tires you can purchase. No whitewall though. But if you don't mind it, hey who's stoppin ya? lol

hmm, good question. I couldn't find my bill and I went through all my car stuff, but I only know they say "Assurance" on them. I should clarify why I had to pay $150 for 4 new tires (original cost over $400) and it was because under warrenty they pro-rate the wear on them. It's too bad I even had to pay anything because they were basically brand new and it wasn't fair but that is how they do it :/ Same for car batteries I think, some places give 1 year exchange no questions asked then they go month by month after that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.