Pics of your FWD - Deville series, Fleetwood, 60 - Page 60
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 111 FirstFirst ... 10 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 110 ... LastLast
Like Tree907Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Pics of your FWD - Deville series, Fleetwood, 60 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I agree, 9 out of 10 people on my block have generic Japanese cars. What's the world coming too? I ...
    Forgoten214 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan DeVille

Re: pics of your fwd

I agree, 9 out of 10 people on my block have generic Japanese cars. What's the world coming too? I honestly don't see the point in them they really aren't that much of a bargain anyway. Even the Toyota Prius is like 30+ grand and it's horrible. But you see them everywhere. I can think of a million other cars I can get for less than 30k that I would like much better.

So many Corolla's and Camry's. When I went to the dealership with my mother to get her a RAV4 they kept trying to sell us those all day. It really made me angry. I said NO I'm NOT INTERESTED LEAVE ME ALONE!

I'm the kind of person that wants stuff that people don't have or stuff that has personality and is unique. I love my DeVille, I must've driven at least 30 cars this past week. (I've been test driving cars to see what I might want as another car and also helping some friends make some purchases as well) Brand new Benzes, newer DTSs, BMWs, Mazdas, Toyotas ect.... But still my 1992 DeVille drives and rides nicer than all of them! I'm really surprised actually, besides that these newer cars have technical gadgets mine doesn't and more creature comforts my car out performs all of them in terms of smoothness and how the car feels in terms of how solid it is? Is it mental because it's my car? Maybe but I'm usually the first to admit something if I'm wrong or if I think something is better than mine if it's the truth. But honestly, in terms of quality and craftsmanship. These newer cars and generic cars can't even come close to Cadillac in their day.

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

Idk how someone can sleep at night knowing so much of their money is going towards a Prius. 30k+ ain't peanuts. Especially if you live in a state like MA with a terrible cost of living. I'm sorry but if you think it's worth saving a little in gas but spending so much on a hideous car that feels like a golf cart you should think things over. I usually fill up my Deville once a week when it gets to a little under a quarter tank. Most of the time I spend between 40 and 45 bucks on middle grade and I leave with a smile on my face knowing for the rest of the week I'll be in an amazing comfortable car with a smoothride and effortless power.

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Forgoten214 View Post
    So many Corolla's and Camry's. When I went to the dealership with my mother to get her a RAV4 they kept trying to sell us those all day. It really made me angry. I said NO I'm NOT INTERESTED LEAVE ME ALONE!
    Wow! I thought it was just only the dealership in my neighborhood! When my uncle was in need of a truck, I followed him to several dealerships including Toyota. It was only the Toyota dealership that tried to sell Camry to a person who is looking for a truck. We don't care how the camrys and corollas have 0% deal, we are looking for a new truck.

Lol^ That's rediculous. My girl friend looked at Camrys and Corollas last spring. The salesman was an arrogant idiot who acted like everyone on earth should own a Toyota or they shouldn't be able to breathe. He advised that she should buy a Camry and trade it in every year for a new one because that's what he does. Then he tried to get her to like one of those Corolla "Sport" models or whatever they are. He was acting like the car was so cool with it's stick on spoiler and fog lights. Aside from the fact that my girl friend thought all of the cars were ugly and drove terribly she most of all didn't appreciate the environment and additude. After all of it she ended up buying a new Malibu and loves it. The other time I was at a Toyota dealer was probably 5 years ago with my parents and that also didn't go so well. Toyota has also by FAR had the most irritating and insulting TV commercials I have ever seen. It amazes me how Toyota is so popular. I don't get it.

When I went to Gengras BMW in West Springfield to test drive my Deville I wasn't pressured or annoyed in any way. They offered me drinks while a woman got the car for me, gave me some information and left me in peace to look at the car and take it for a test drive. All the other times I've been with family or friends at other dealerships like Ford, Chevy, BMW, Hyundai, Jeep, I've never had such an unpleasant expirience as I've had with Toyota.

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by KNCadillac8898 View Post
    Then he tried to get her to like one of those Corolla "Sport" models or whatever they are.
    I always joke about those, "Corolla S" and the "S" stands for side skirts. Same engine, same transmission, same everything, except the side skirts and black interior. And maybe a different steering wheel. They call that "sports model" ?? Oh come on.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Amen dude!! It's gonna be hard to find something that tops the joy of driving a cruiser Cadillac V8 sedan! That's the thing that sucks these days. V8s are more and more of a luxury option. That and cars as comfy and "floaty" as, say, yours or my 96. Feels like I'm on when I'm driving!

How is that generation? I almost bought a 98 but it was beat down a bit. I ended up with the 92 instead. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm afraid of the Northstar whoas and it costs 3 times as much to fix than my car because of the N*

I'd have to say the only way I'd end up with something besides a Cadillac is if I got a BMW 7 series or Mercedes S-Class. But even yet a 90 thousand dollar S550 is still not as comfortable as my car that is worth maybe 4-5k. It's different I guess. It's definitely more sporty though and the acceleration sucks in the S550! My 200hp 4.9 has more balls and thats no lie. Maybe its the transmission in the S550. I kept pushing the pedal harder and harder and we wasn't going any faster then you felt a hard jolt and the RPMs shot up to about 5 grand but even still it wasn't "impressive" at all. My 1992 you step on the gas and it goes, theres no hesitation. Monster low end torque! It's the fastest car I've driven 0-20 hahaha. I've driven Ferraris, Vettes, BMWs, Benzes none of them are faster than my 1992 and the funny thing is...My 1992 needs a Tune up and a new EGR Valve!!! How's that for bad ass?

I just love older cars. There is an obvious difference in the quality of them, they all feel so solid while today's cars feel...mass produced. Old cars were mass produced but they didn't feel so mass produced lol. I guess it's just a difference in materials used or something.

Dave NYC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville (Base)

I just love older cars. There is an obvious difference in the quality of them, they all feel so solid while today's cars feel...mass produced. Old cars were mass produced but they didn't feel so mass produced lol. I guess it's just a difference in materials used or something.
    Everything is cheaply made nowadays. They don't even put bumpers on cars anymore. Everything is plastic.

bigm57ict is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1979 Coupe deVille

Actually, those plastic bumpers and covers are anything but cheap. The reason for all the plastic on modern cars is not to save money, but to comply with stricter and stricter federal regulations for mpg. It's not really the manufacturers' fault. I'm afraid the latest edict for 50+ CAFE is really going to kill the American luxury car.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

also for safety reasons
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Now THIS is a bumper

Awesome!

My dream car is a 55 Eldorado Black on Black convertible. Anyone have a picture of that?

But then again I like the 53 as well! I'd take that and I'd live the rest of my life a happy man!

FL11_r335_01.jpg

Now THIS is a bumper

TRUCLASS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac STS (Totaled) 1994 Cadillac Deville

sam0066j.jpgsam0067copy.jpgsam0065pu.jpg My 1994 Cadillac Deville Country Club Gold Edition
    jounier11 and jounier11 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.