Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pics of your FWD - Deville series, Fleetwood, 60

820K views 2K replies 630 participants last post by  skyquest2 
#1 ·
ide like to see what pics we got going on here just picked this 95 up and will update with more but feel free to drop your pic maybe even get this stickied here goes.............

Attachments

See less See more
#975 ·
Re: pics of your fwd

^ Jesus how did you pull that out of the wind for that price ?

Im on the hunt for my next caddy The maroon color , Or a Black on Black caddy all hard top....

I pulled my base deville with 95k in super clean shape for 4200 and i thought i got a steal....

I just find the Sun roof , and updated dash a good look on the DTS ..... But no complaints here on my Base model.

#976 ·
polorico said:
^ Jesus how did you pull that out of the wind for that price ?

Im on the hunt for my next caddy The maroon color , Or a Black on Black caddy all hard top....

I pulled my base deville with 95k in super clean shape for 4200 and i thought i got a steal....

I just find the Sun roof , and updated dash a good look on the DTS ..... But no complaints here on my Base model.
Yea im happy with my purchase 01 with 86000 miles for 3700 THATS A STEAL

#978 ·
[/COLOR]
polorico said:
Yup im a college student , and i think i have a clean ride with no payment.

When i graduated ill get me a camaro SS , or a nice cts V coupe if i have the money . If not ill keep being Devilles that are clean in cash.
You can't go from a cadillac to camaro they not even in the same world once u own a cadillac you can't own anything else.

#979 ·

Yea man, I've driven pretty much every variant of the Camaro all the SS editions and stuff like that. They pretty much suck. Honestly. lol. The interior quality is terrible, there is no visibility and the ride is harsh. They also do not feel fast at all, I'm not sure what that's about I was told it was because of the governors and systems they put in them keeps you from having fun. Or maybe because it wasn't broken in yet. But it definitely did not FEEL like a 400hp car should.

CTS-V I have yet to drive, that's also a big price jump as well. Completely different class as the Camaro. I can't really speak on that yet.

What I can speak for is the new Shelby GT500 or the G350. Those cars are EXTREMELY fun to drive. It's pretty much my favorite car I've driven and I've driven, M3s, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Mercedes AMGs...Ect. The Shelby just makes you laugh and smile like a school girl. lol. I'd definitely look into a Shelby especially for the price it will be around the same price as the Camaro you've mentioned.

[/COLOR]

You can't go from a cadillac to camaro they not even in the same world once u own a cadillac you can't own anything else.

#980 ·
Forgoten214 said:
Yea man, I've driven pretty much every variant of the Camaro all the SS editions and stuff like that. They pretty much suck. Honestly. lol. The interior quality is terrible, there is no visibility and the ride is harsh. They also do not feel fast at all, I'm not sure what that's about I was told it was because of the governors and systems they put in them keeps you from having fun. Or maybe because it wasn't broken in yet. But it definitely did not FEEL like a 400hp car should.

CTS-V I have yet to drive, that's also a big price jump as well. Completely different class as the Camaro. I can't really speak on that yet.

What I can speak for is the new Shelby GT500 or the G350. Those cars are EXTREMELY fun to drive. It's pretty much my favorite car I've driven and I've driven, M3s, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Mercedes AMGs...Ect. The Shelby just makes you laugh and smile like a school girl. lol. I'd definitely look into a Shelby especially for the price it will be around the same price as the Camaro you've mentioned.
Haha yea I actually like the new zr1 those are really fast and fun I want to drive a cts v coupe those are sexyyyyy

#983 ·

Pretty much. Except the ZR1 has forged pistons and titanium rings and other engine parts are more emphasized for racing. Is it worth the extra 40k? Eh, depends if your going to be taking it around a track often and pushing it hard. But then again I've seen CTS-Vs making over 800hp on stock internals with no issues. I love the CTS-V interior as well. Very classy and direct. Huge improvement over a Camaro and I think it's better than the Vette's interior. If you was to get a Vette the smarter choice would be the Z06, it's more fun to drive and naturally aspirated and not as crazy as the ZR1. The ZR1 is an extremely difficult car to drive to it's limits and full potential unless you keep the traction control on and then what's the point right? Z06 is not as much and it sounds better. IMO. Also with the Z06 you don't need to worry about boost or spooling the power is always on tap and it's a much more reliable engine. A lot of people are going with the 427 LS7 crate motor due to it's reliability for muscle car projects and stuff like that.

But hey if it was me, I'd go for the CTS-V. :)

#984 ·
Forgoten214 said:
Pretty much. Except the ZR1 has forged pistons and titanium rings and other engine parts are more emphasized for racing. Is it worth the extra 40k? Eh, depends if your going to be taking it around a track often and pushing it hard. But then again I've seen CTS-Vs making over 800hp on stock internals with no issues. I love the CTS-V interior as well. Very classy and direct. Huge improvement over a Camaro and I think it's better than the Vette's interior. If you was to get a Vette the smarter choice would be the Z06, it's more fun to drive and naturally aspirated and not as crazy as the ZR1. The ZR1 is an extremely difficult car to drive to it's limits and full potential unless you keep the traction control on and then what's the point right? Z06 is not as much and it sounds better. IMO. Also with the Z06 you don't need to worry about boost or spooling the power is always on tap and it's a much more reliable engine. A lot of people are going with the 427 LS7 crate motor due to it's reliability for muscle car projects and stuff like that.

But hey if it was me, I'd go for the CTS-V. :)
I mean yea the zr1 is good for the track but a 4 door car on the track with equal power and everythin is amazing I might rent a ctsv In a few weeks

#994 ·

Here is my recently acquired 95 Sedan Deville...

When I first got it

After removing the imitation chrome stickers that were peeling;

Installed my Kenwood slide out DVD HU and my 6X9s in the rear deck (both were previously in the 91 Eldorado);

Installed the 18's that were on the Eldorado, I will need bigger tires to fill the space though;

Driver's seat was pretty badly ripped so I found a replacement at the local salvage yard; it's not perfect but much better!

I've also replaced the cam seal, oil pan gasket, water pump, power steering pump, and did the transmission service!

#995 ·
Some Pics of My 2005 Sedan DeVille

Some pictures of my Cadillac Sedan Deville...
Not sure why these posted as thumbnails instead of links but you can go to this link to see some pics as well: http://bit.ly/Ag83G6

Attachments

#1,009 ·

Wel congrats to you, sir, you must be a magician. I know that's what the manual says to do but when I looked up into the hole the lower dash cover reveals I just laughed. I could not get my fat ass in the car and upside down enough to get to it without pulling the IP. I might be able to do it that way now having done it before, but it would be a miracle if I got it done that way.

That's some impressive work right there! Without actually seeing your dash pad, I wonder if careful use of a heat gun or maybe even a hot hairdryer would help you mold the warped dash pad back to the desired shape?
It wasn't that bad, I could pull the IP in like 45 minutes if I had to. Once you do it it's relatively easy.

We tried heat and then hot glue to fix the dash pad, that's why it was still off in that photo, but nothing worked.