Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pics of your FWD - Deville series, Fleetwood, 60

820K views 2K replies 630 participants last post by  skyquest2 
#1 ·
ide like to see what pics we got going on here just picked this 95 up and will update with more but feel free to drop your pic maybe even get this stickied here goes.............

Attachments

See less See more
#852 ·
Re: My ariznia edition 96 deville

tHIS IS MY 1996 CADILLAC DEVILLE ARIZONIA EDITION IN AMETHYST PEARL WITH MOCHA TOP. AS U CAN SEE ITS SLIGHTLY MODIFIED. AND HAS A PRETTY SERIOUS STEREO SYSTEM TOO!
No offence,

I will be the first to admit that "clean 96 Deville" looks like it just came out of the ghetto or the housing projects (or both). The Caddy is no longer a Caddy, as it's completely bastardized with all that Ghetto Crap. The true beauty of that Cadillac is completely gone now and the females only add insult to injury. What a shame:(

If you took a poll, I'm sure most members would agree with me.

But, if it makes you happy, more power to you Brotha.:cool:

#856 ·
Re: My ariznia edition 96 deville

Actually, from what I can see of the car, I think "Clean 96" is pretty tastefully done. I've certainly seen much worse...
Though it is not to my tastes, (my '95 is factory stock) the only thing I would change is the wheels. I like the stainless rockers and the soft top. It would be nice to see a picture without the girls so we can actually see the car :rolleyes:

#863 ·
Re: pics of your fwd

Yep, I refuse any vehicle for Limo/Transportation services if it's not a Town Car or Large Body Cadillac. I figure if I'm going to pay the same price then I want the same luxury. I'm starting to see more Eurotrash cars like the Accord and Altima becoming more present in the chauffeuring business. It's the field in which I know best actually. :)

the used limo market will thrive ...

#872 ·

Hey beautiful car! I have those same tire valve stem caps! Hehe. I'll see if I can get some picture's uploaded by the end of next week with this nice weather we've been having here lately.

Oh and BTW what oil did you use on your Northstar? I run Mobile 1 Synthetic with Lucas Oil Stabilizer I swear it feels smoother.

Some random pics from the last year

Messy

#874 ·

I was using Pennzoil Ultra Synthetic before I used Mobile 1. That oil got dirty very fast and it started to drive a little bit rough maybe because my car was sitting for a long period of time before I changed the oil. But I switched to Mobile 1 Extended Performance Synthetic and substituted a qt for Lucas oil stabilizer and it runs much smoother now. Maybe it's just me, I have no way to really prove it so it's just an opinion.

Valvoline is good oil as well. I like their high mileage oil stuff. They seem a bit on the pricey side though I think. Walmart has the best deals on oil especially Valvoline.

I don't really like Quakerstate or Castrol that much they seem over priced especially Castrol. The best deal is at Big Lots for Quakerstate full synthetic. I think it's 3 dollars a qt.

But I do have to say it runs the best with Mobile 1 just by my observations.

Thanks for the compliments. I've changed the oil twice and both times I used Valvoline SynPower. I did use Mobile 1 on my Park Avenue before. I have been thinking about trying that Lukas Oil stabilizer I've heard good things about it.

#885 ·

I see more than a hundred various year corollas in one day. Too generic (and available everywhere), that's why I am not a fan.

It's rare to meet a Seville, when I do see one it makes my day when the other driver looks at me and we wave at each other. I don't usually do this with Devilles though since most of them around here are donks.

#886 ·

I agree, 9 out of 10 people on my block have generic Japanese cars. What's the world coming too? I honestly don't see the point in them they really aren't that much of a bargain anyway. Even the Toyota Prius is like 30+ grand and it's horrible. But you see them everywhere. I can think of a million other cars I can get for less than 30k that I would like much better.

So many Corolla's and Camry's. When I went to the dealership with my mother to get her a RAV4 they kept trying to sell us those all day. It really made me angry. I said NO I'm NOT INTERESTED LEAVE ME ALONE!

I'm the kind of person that wants stuff that people don't have or stuff that has personality and is unique. I love my DeVille, I must've driven at least 30 cars this past week. (I've been test driving cars to see what I might want as another car and also helping some friends make some purchases as well) Brand new Benzes, newer DTSs, BMWs, Mazdas, Toyotas ect.... But still my 1992 DeVille drives and rides nicer than all of them! I'm really surprised actually, besides that these newer cars have technical gadgets mine doesn't and more creature comforts my car out performs all of them in terms of smoothness and how the car feels in terms of how solid it is? Is it mental because it's my car? Maybe but I'm usually the first to admit something if I'm wrong or if I think something is better than mine if it's the truth. But honestly, in terms of quality and craftsmanship. These newer cars and generic cars can't even come close to Cadillac in their day.

#888 ·

So many Corolla's and Camry's. When I went to the dealership with my mother to get her a RAV4 they kept trying to sell us those all day. It really made me angry. I said NO I'm NOT INTERESTED LEAVE ME ALONE!
Wow! I thought it was just only the dealership in my neighborhood! When my uncle was in need of a truck, I followed him to several dealerships including Toyota. It was only the Toyota dealership that tried to sell Camry to a person who is looking for a truck. We don't care how the camrys and corollas have 0% deal, we are looking for a new truck.

#887 ·

Idk how someone can sleep at night knowing so much of their money is going towards a Prius. 30k+ ain't peanuts. Especially if you live in a state like MA with a terrible cost of living. I'm sorry but if you think it's worth saving a little in gas but spending so much on a hideous car that feels like a golf cart you should think things over. I usually fill up my Deville once a week when it gets to a little under a quarter tank. Most of the time I spend between 40 and 45 bucks on middle grade and I leave with a smile on my face knowing for the rest of the week I'll be in an amazing comfortable car with a smoothride and effortless power.

#889 ·

Lol^ That's rediculous. My girl friend looked at Camrys and Corollas last spring. The salesman was an arrogant idiot who acted like everyone on earth should own a Toyota or they shouldn't be able to breathe. He advised that she should buy a Camry and trade it in every year for a new one because that's what he does. Then he tried to get her to like one of those Corolla "Sport" models or whatever they are. He was acting like the car was so cool with it's stick on spoiler and fog lights. Aside from the fact that my girl friend thought all of the cars were ugly and drove terribly she most of all didn't appreciate the environment and additude. After all of it she ended up buying a new Malibu and loves it. The other time I was at a Toyota dealer was probably 5 years ago with my parents and that also didn't go so well. Toyota has also by FAR had the most irritating and insulting TV commercials I have ever seen. It amazes me how Toyota is so popular. I don't get it.

When I went to Gengras BMW in West Springfield to test drive my Deville I wasn't pressured or annoyed in any way. They offered me drinks while a woman got the car for me, gave me some information and left me in peace to look at the car and take it for a test drive. All the other times I've been with family or friends at other dealerships like Ford, Chevy, BMW, Hyundai, Jeep, I've never had such an unpleasant expirience as I've had with Toyota.

#890 ·

Then he tried to get her to like one of those Corolla "Sport" models or whatever they are.
I always joke about those, "Corolla S" and the "S" stands for side skirts. Same engine, same transmission, same everything, except the side skirts and black interior. And maybe a different steering wheel. They call that "sports model" ?? Oh come on.