Pics of your FWD - Deville series, Fleetwood, 60 - Page 21
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 ... LastLast
Like Tree899Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Pics of your FWD - Deville series, Fleetwood, 60 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Brizzal, the new bumper trim up front turned out very nice. Either that or the picture is too small for ...
    dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

Re: pics of your fwd

Brizzal, the new bumper trim up front turned out very nice. Either that or the picture is too small for me to see the damage.

Brizzal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by dirt_cheap_fleetwood View Post
    Brizzal, the new bumper trim up front turned out very nice. Either that or the picture is too small for me to see the damage.
    its still there lol i just found a good angle to hide it

King Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Mercedes-Benz E420

Here are some pics of my 2000 Deville...flawless with the exception of a little paint wear on the right front fender from grazing another car.
    Attached Images

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

Here's what you've all been waiting for! I took my sister's camera so here is some 8 megapixel (resized of course) pictures of all the vehicles on our side of the driveway right now.

My beautiful Phantom ('91):

Sister's red '93:

'93 Parts Car (suffered crippling frame damage in an accident) :

Dad's White on Tan '93, complete with sunroof. (Easily the prettiest):

Finally, the truck, an International CargoMaster 1710:

My sister took the '93 Daily Driver out to a friend's house, so no pics for now, but soon!

Sporty883 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 DeVille

1992 DeVille w/ 66,700miles

1992 DeVille w/ 66,700 miles. Just bought on 1/3/09 in Chicago. Nice body w/ minimal rust spots. Runs a little rough though when it's cold and I'm either accerlerating or sitting at a light, any ideas?
    Attached Images

JacksonvilleDeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by migrabill View Post
    93USMC - Nice ride. I have those same wheels on mine. They are called Lace Wheels and were a very expensive option. THEY ARE A BEAR TO CLEAN! Yours look black inside the teardrops - if you clean them out it makes a huge difference.

Wow, that is one pimp Cadillac

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodya234 View Post
    Here's what you've all been waiting for! I took my sister's camera so here is some 8 megapixel (resized of course) pictures of all the vehicles on our side of the driveway right now.

My beautiful Phantom ('91):

Sister's red '93:

'93 Parts Car (suffered crippling frame damage in an accident) :

Dad's White on Tan '93, complete with sunroof. (Easily the prettiest):

Finally, the truck, an International CargoMaster 1710:

My sister took the '93 Daily Driver out to a friend's house, so no pics for now, but soon!
    With those new pics, yu should also post pics of the mods you claim to have made.

^ Under the hood there's actually nothing to see, the real mods are inside the engine.
    I'll get a under-hood shot just for brownie points though, once I get a hold of my sisters camera again. (only camera I have is a crappy phone)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    With those new pics, yu should also post pics of the mods you claim to have made.
    Yeah, with the stuff he did you won't see anything, but you will sure as hell feel it. Rodya, I know you ported and polished the heads but did you do anything else?

I had the heads decked to bring the compression ratio to 10.5:1 as well. The only side effects of this being that I must use 93 octane, or it'll knock like a boxer.
    I was also looking at turbocharging, but since the compression ratio is so high, it would be impractical. But I have another engine laying around, maybe that will be a future project.

I actually wish there was more to look at under the hood though. When I finally get around to ordering that CAI I'll be sure to put a nice heat shield on it so there's something to look at.

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

I had the heads decked to bring the compression ratio to 10.5:1 as well. The only side effects of this being that I must use 93 octane, or it'll knock like a boxer.
    I was also looking at turbocharging, but since the compression ratio is so high, it would be impractical. But I have another engine laying around, maybe that will be a future project.

I actually wish there was more to look at under the hood though. When I finally get around to ordering that CAI I'll be sure to put a nice heat shield on it so there's something to look at.
    How'd you boost the compression?

When the heads are decked you remove material from the cylinder heads, ergo the compression ratio is increased because the combustion chamber is larger.

I'd also like to mention that I don't do my own head work. My half-brother, who is a former GM tech and hot-rod mechanic does it at well reduced price, which is why I can get such work done without blowing my budget. Plus I don't have the skill to remove .015" of material from anything.

ChadTanner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

When the heads are decked you remove material from the cylinder heads, ergo the compression ratio is increased because the combustion chamber is larger.

I'd also like to mention that I don't do my own head work. My half-brother, who is a former GM tech and hot-rod mechanic does it at well reduced price, which is why I can get such work done without blowing my budget. Plus I don't have the skill to remove .015" of material from anything.
    Shaving only .015" of the head,will get you no where close to 10.5:1 compression.

What I meant is that .015" was removed with each pass of the shaver, with two passes making a grand total of .030" per cylinder.

No, it doesn't sound like a lot, but the combustion chamber is very small, measuring in at less then .4 of an inch between the head and the piston when it's at top dead center. Making .030 a little bit less then an 8% in chamber size, and 8% of 9.5 is roughly .80, bringing the estimate for static compression ratio to about 10.3:1, which I round to 10.5:1 for my own sake, as well as factoring in the way parts strech when they're hot making that difference even smaller.

Krazy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 DeVille

Here's a pic of my new 95 DeVille...it's still dirty gonna get it professionally buffed and detailed sometime this week. I'll post more pics as soon as I get her cleaned up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.