Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pics of your FWD - Deville series, Fleetwood, 60

820K views 2K replies 630 participants last post by  skyquest2 
#1 ·
ide like to see what pics we got going on here just picked this 95 up and will update with more but feel free to drop your pic maybe even get this stickied here goes.............

Attachments

See less See more
#343 ·
Re: pics of your fwd

That is in really good shape. It is a very rare color and I like it a lot. Even the aftermarket bling wheels don't look half bad.

#345 ·

The color is pretty cool. It is like a turquoise/greenish blue in the day, and in the night it looks like a sweet midnight blue.

Yeah, the wheels aren't too bad IMO. They came with the car; if I could have it my way, i'd have some stock rims (maybe wire?) and whitewalls on there. They are 16 inch rims, so i'm going to wear the tires down first, and then get a set of some stock rims on there (not like I can just switch the rims out). Don't want to waste perfectly good tires.

I'm loving the car. I'm trying to troubleshoot some problems right now (some hesitation / gas pedal lag, rough idle, etc). Other than that it's great. I'm going to reshoot the seats on Monday hopefully with my brother to get rid of some of the cracking. Interior should look like new by the time we're done.

I have noticed small spots here and there where paint is flaking off, around door edges, etc. How would I fix these? I don't want the paint to keep flaking off and then rust accumulating on top of that.

Rodya: Where in Chicago are you? I may have ran past you for all I know. This car was listed on CL too if you browse CL often.

#348 · (Edited)

I saw it, or one just like it, on 63rd and Western, same wheels and everything. This was a couple weeks back though, maybe the PO?

P.S.: Don't worry, I don't live anywhere near 63rd. Just passing through. :thumbsup:
I don't remember the last time I was at 63rd and Western, but I did pick up the car at the guys residence, which was by 63rd and Pulaski. You probably saw it with the previous owner. Last time I was in the area was to pick up my plates for the car at a currency exchange close by 63rd and Pulaski.

Dirt cheap: Thank you. Sounds like once i'm ready to get some new tires i'll head out there then.

EDIT: Actually, that probably was me. The PO was letting the car sit since December or something. Honk if you see me next time!

#347 ·

You can get the factory wheels for cheap, especially in junkyards. I know of a junkyard out in Sandwich that has about 5 C-body DeVilles and they sell stuff for very cheap. Next time I am out that way I will inquire on the price for a full set of wheels for you.

#350 ·

Hey, what is the factory color name of my caddy? Sapphire blue? I need to fix up some spots where the paint is gone (rock chips). I read I can just take a can of whatever color spray paint, pour some in the cap, and use a toothpick to apply it to the spots. I want to fix them up ASAP before they start rusting,

#351 ·

Hey, what is the factory color name of my caddy? Sapphire blue? I need to fix up some spots where the paint is gone (rock chips). I read I can just take a can of whatever color spray paint, pour some in the cap, and use a toothpick to apply it to the spots. I want to fix them up ASAP before they start rusting,

Look on the spare tire cover in the trunk for the paint code, Should start with L** U***
L will be the lower body color, U is upper color. Then you can go in the paint store and use their book too look up the color name. Hard to tell in the pic, but yours looks aquamarine, I have a 93 that is "light sapphire blue metallic" and its nothing like yours lol

#353 · (Edited)

Here's my 1990 SDV. It has 21k miles, all records, and is a true "little old lady" car in great condition. Well, I'm a "little old man" - so it's a perfect fit.

Over the decades I've had Jaguars, Mercedes, and Porsches but this is my first Cadillac. Since some here say it should be good for 150k miles, it might be my last car.

Attachments

#1,734 ·

Super clean car, very nice!!
Here's my 1990 SDV. It has 21k miles, all records, and is a true "little old lady" car in great condition. Well, I'm a "little old man" - so it's a perfect fit.

Over the decades I've had Jaguars, Mercedes, and Porsches but this is my first Cadillac. Since some here say it should be good for 150k miles, it might be my last car.

#354 ·

Ah, the classic "Goat shit brown" interior. That is a nice car, take care of it.