1992 Deville for only $599.00!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 1992 Deville for only $599.00!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Found it on ebay parts. Guy claims it still drives, though it does look pretty dirty, you cant beat that ...
    Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

1992 Deville for only $599.00!!

Found it on ebay parts. Guy claims it still drives, though it does look pretty dirty, you cant beat that with this price..Anyone live in the area, buy this and get that ASG indy engine.

Or just use it as a parts car, you could part it out and still make more then that

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 1992 Deville for only $599.00!!

got a link

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

good deal if i lived in that area i would buy it today for my little sis to have instead of teaching her on my car

Thats what I figured, even with the little problems it seems to have, it could be repaired very easy.

90devilleguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS & 1962 Coupe Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    Thats what I figured, even with the little problems it seems to have, it could be repaired very easy.
    this guy lives 20 miles from me, maybe i should check it out.........hmmmm

You should, If you like it you would have either a parts car or clean it up alittle and make at least double then what you paid for it.

Joe Sixpack is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Here I am lurking this forum for the first time, and I find a post about the car I just bought!

All it needed was a radiator, wheel caps, brake pads, an oil change and a good cleaning. The heater core is plugged from all the stop-leak someone used, and there is a crack in the top of the right fender- PVC glue and touch-up paint will fix it. Not bad for $599. 88080 miles and 50% tread left on Michelins.

The reason I was lurking is because the AC compressor was unplugged, and when I plugged it in, it whines loudly. I unplugged it and the sound goes away. While I had it on I didn't feel any coldness inside, or from from the high or low side. Anyone got any insight? Bearings? New compressor, accumulator and drier? r134 retrofit? The AC is going to cost me more than the car did. In the meantime, at least now that I registered I can search the forum.

Thats funny....you got yourself a really great deal, how did it clean up, got any pics? With the a/c look for a rebuilt one or something along those lines... if I paid only $599 for it I definently would not be looking at brand new ones. I did read on the forum somewhere though that someone had a bad bearing in their compressor...maybe that could be it, it would be a cheap fix too.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The frame looks torqued. Maybe an accident? Looks good other than that. Give me the vin and i'll run a carfax report.

RBraczyk, The vin number is 1g6cd53b0n4226831 let me know what you find out.

I'm not sure if that is an zero or an o.

It does look torqued in the picture but you can see he had it parked with 3 wheels up on the curb.

I have a 16 year old, and he used bissel carpet cleaner, rags, and a brush to clean the carpet, and orange-clean wipes to get the grunge off of the leather and vinyl.

I don't have a digital camera, but when i'm done fixing it I'll take some 35mm shots and get them developed and scanned in.
    Right now I've got it up on jackstands, replacing the brake linings.

I've been lurking around forums reading up on AC compressors. I think if I replace it myself I have to take it to an AC shop and get it evacuated first. Then the new compressor needs to be properly oiled before it is installed. Usually the receiver/dryer is replaced while it is apart. Then I take it back to the shop for R12 at $45 a pound.
    Since I live in the country, I could go with R134a since I don't get stuck in heavy traffic ever, that's one of the reasons I moved out of the city. The easy way out would be to find a shop willing to convert it for me, but then I lose the opportunity to gain the ability to work on it myself.

The thing I am worried about doing that is that R134a works at lower pressure and it might make the car think the freon is low and cause the PCM to throw error codes and shut it down. Maybe I am worried about nothing. I've been reading about capacitors that trick the sensor, and modded orifice tubes that resolve this problem, but I've also been reading that Mr. Goodwrench does not recommend retrofitting a 92 Deville for R134a. Anybody here done it successfully and can walk me through it or provide links?

If I just replace the bearing I need a couple of special tools to get the pulley off and back on again. I don't know where to get them, a GM dealer? Anybody got the service manual and can look it up for me?

To my knowledge all bearing should come off with most common tools....to the A/C though...when I picked this car up 3 months ago I relized it said converted A/C in 1999 and I would have never known unless I saw it under the hood. The A/C blows better then our BMW and Mustang.

I'm lurking in an AC forum, and I have to check if I have refrigerant in the system, and check to see if the AC clutch is engaging. Like I said there are no yellow lights on in the dash, and I think there would be one if the refrigerant was low, but I also need to check for codes if the clutch is not engaging. Maybe all it needs is a $42 clutch, we'll see. From what i was able to find out, if it was the pulley bearing (which is peened in BTW), the noise would be there whether the AC was on or not.

So it is either the clutch or the compressor.

About retrofit- I found this about a 91 Deville:

"The word is that this car adopts well to R-134a, the high temperature sensor serves as a high pressure cut out. If you put in an R-134a accumulator, a blue Ford orifice tube and charge to 90% by weight of R-12 with R-134a you should do fine if you use BVA-100 oil available from the home page of this site."

I would definently try the clutch first...and possibly save yourself the trouble of recharging if not needed. I think you have to buy the clutch bearing seperatly too.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

I agree... Joe you got yourself a good deal... If i noticed this earlier i would have bought it and used it as a winter car, and plus Id actually have a caddy!

I swa on ebay they have cans of R12 for like $30... Might check that out and pick up a few cans and save yourself some money... THe clutch sounds bad to me...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.