fuel rail problem?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, fuel rail problem? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 96 concours and it keeps busting the fuel rail between the injectors. What do you think is ...
    voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

fuel rail problem?

I have a 96 concours and it keeps busting the fuel rail between the injectors. What do you think is causing this? It also has a tiny rough idle at stop lights. I have already installed new Ac delco platium plugs. wires seem fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: fuel rail problem?

Please I could really use some advice it is a 300hp n* with 165,000 miles on it. I am driving a 1 ton van with tools rattleing . I want my caddy back. Please help.

Logandiagnostic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT

Did you put a new fuel rail in? Or did you try to repair it? The system is running about 35-40 psi so most backyard repairs will fail.

That being said....GM is presently starting to replace the plastic fuel rails with stainless steel ones. This is being done under a recall for this exact problem. Auroras are the first ones being recalled and replaced. I expect the Cadillacs to be recalled pretty soon.

Logan
    www.airbagcrash.com
    www.logandiagnostic.com

I did not replace it, just fuel line and hose clamps. but no leaks even under a high rpm. I hope the recall comes soon. I also developed a strange noise on passanger front I cant tell if its a tire making some road noise or what? I guess when it rains it pours. thank you for your info. If I need any parts I will contact your company. thanks again.

LCLCLC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville

Link:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/

This is the National Highway Transportation SAvety Association. There is now a Recall for fuel rails. Cadillac will replace with a stainless steel fuel lines/rail.

Go to the RECALLS link on the above site, and then put in your vehicle.

I would bet this will cover multiple years, and multiple models. I just ran my 97 Deville through, and it is covered.

Rick201m is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '00 Deville DHS

Hey, lclclc,

Did the dealer give you any problem at all? My 97 DV developed a leak now (6/30/04) and the dealer says it is not under recall...just the Olds Aurora. They said Cadillac will not authorize the repair due to a recall. I even gave them the letter from NHTSA and the one that was posted here about the expanded recall on these. Any other help? Which dealership did you use...maybe I can get them to call them and how they got it authorized.

LCLCLC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville

You may have misunderstood - when I said I 'ran my 97 throught', I meant I ran it through the NHTSA site, which indicated it was covered under the recall.

I've not had my car repaired. I only bought it in February, but the local dealer did (supposedly) update a database, hopefully a national Cadillac database, showing me as the current owner.

I've not read on any of the message boards about anyone actually receiving a notice letter from Cadillac about this recall. Only have read that several people have gotten responses like you from a dealer - 'duh, we don't know anything about it, duh. It's going to cost you money.'

We are going to have to just wait a while. Hopefully Cadillac will get the 200,000 or so (my wild guess at how many 95-97 Northstars were sold) new stainless steel fuel lines built by a supplier, get info out to the dealer telling them about the recall, get the dealers to read their letters, and then get the letters out to the owners about the recalls. Then get the part/s to the local dealers, and then get an appointment for the service.

I'm betting on late fall before I see or hear about replacements being done....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.