"LIGHTS OUT!!!"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, "LIGHTS OUT!!!" in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; IM HAVINBG A PROBLEM GETTIN AT MY LICENSE PLATE LIGHT BULB CAN ANYYONE HELP. I NEED TO KHOW HOW TO ...
    Cadillac-Junkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

"LIGHTS OUT!!!"

IM HAVINBG A PROBLEM GETTIN AT MY LICENSE PLATE LIGHT BULB CAN ANYYONE HELP. I NEED TO KHOW HOW TO GET AT IT. WHO DONE IT? OR ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO IT?
    THANKS INADVANCE,
    Sal

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: "LIGHTS OUT!!!"

RECAP:Since couldnt get no help i went into this 1 blind and replaced the back license plate bulb. didnt know what i was doing at first and i snapped a couple of plastic pieces to the back up light frame thinking a screwdriver would pop it out but,noooo but nuttin super glue couldnt fix. once i relized you had to pull the whole back up light assembly off i was ok.
    1st>... unscrew license plate screws
    2nd>... unscrew the two little screws on the top part where the license plate lens light is.
    3>...pop of the 5-6 black rivets that surround your electric trunk ull down motor
    4... on the inside of the trunk right on the back side of truck on the right and left side of the pull down trunk motor there are two screws undo them and the whole back assembly pulls off and just replace with replacment bulbs. good luck Sal

Re: "LIGHTS OUT!!!"

RECAP:Since couldnt get no help i went into this 1 blind and replaced the back license plate bulb. didnt know what i was doing at first and i snapped a couple of plastic pieces to the back up light frame thinking a screwdriver would pop it out but,noooo nuttin super glue couldnt fix. once i realized you had to pull the whole back up light assembly off i was ok.

1st>... unscrew license plate screws

2nd>... unscrew the two little screws on the top part where the license plate lens light is.

3>...pop off the 4-5 black rivets that surround your electric trunk pull down motor wioth neddle nose pliers

4... on the inside of the trunk right on the back side of truck on the right and left side of the pull down trunk motor there are two screws undo them and the whole back assembly pulls off.

5>.. just replace with any color replacment bulbs you want... Good Luck, Sal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.