Questions,, Questions,,Questions !! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Questions,, Questions,,Questions !! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'll agree, 94-96 is the way to go if you're towing. I think I remember hearing they're capable of 7100lbs ...
    Scrapyard is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I'll agree, 94-96 is the way to go if you're towing. I think I remember hearing they're capable of 7100lbs with the right equipment. I'm sure Katshot can confirm or deny that number. I've tested this theory. I believe it's feesible. Strap a 5500lbs '73 Eldo convertable to the back with a tow bar connected to a class 1 hitch on a base model Fleetwood with stock brakes and 2.56 gears for few hundered miles. It made it through with flying colors. If one is out of your budget though, I would also suggest the early 90's Fleetwoods as well. Basicly the same chassis, SBC 350 and probably a better quality tranny. Should still quite sutable for the challange.

Dondo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks Scrapyard... Could you tell me what years Fleetwood used the 350 engine ? I know some of them used the 305 engine,,, and a rep from pace performance told me I would have to redo the computer to use a 350 CI engine,, is this true ? What I am looking to tow is a 26 ft boat for a total of about 4 miles to the launch ramp... I would be using either 355 or 373 rear gears.... I am an older Chevy man at heart,, but have been in a Ford for the last 12 years,,, and its time to come home to GM .... )

Thanks for the imput everyone,,,,,

Dondo

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    If your only going a few miles, about any caddy will do, but the fleetwood would be the best. You can get a 94-96 with the tow package (rare option), which has a tranny cooler (i think, theres a little mini radiator in front of the big one), an electric fan on the radiator, and a different rearend.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    The Fleetwood NEVER used a 305. YUCK!!
    Actually it was a 307 Olds motor. And the Fleetwood comes with a trans cooler even without a trailer-towing package. And finally, the earlier 350 engined Fleetwoods ('90-'93) used a derivative of the Chevy truck engine so they would be every bit as good at towing as the later LT1 powered cars.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.