A few 60 Special pics for your enjoyment! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, A few 60 Special pics for your enjoyment! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by COBlackZ06 Here's a few pictures of my 60 Special I posted last fall: I want to get ...
    Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Re: A few 60 Special pics for your enjoyment!

Quote Originally Posted by COBlackZ06 View Post
    Here's a few pictures of my 60 Special I posted last fall:

I want to get some pics of both the 60 Special and '92 DTS together, and I'll post them when I do.
    Black on black, my favorite combo!

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

1993 Sixty Special. Every Option. 9,980 miles, never in rain. As New. Ordered new. Code D60. Paint & Trim Edit. Code BG4. Trim Override. Code B46. Special Order Trim Equipment. Code DX3. Stripe Delete. Code FTS. Fleetwood Trim Shop.

Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Security Package, Chrome Plated Wheels, Pwr. MoonRoof, Bose/Gold Series Stereo with Cassette; Vogue WW tires with gold Stripe; Leather Seating.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/photop...le=1897&size=1

http://www.cadillacforums.com/photop...ile=524&size=1

http://www.cadillacforums.com/photop...ile=525&size=1

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/sandy/P6250015.JPG

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/sandy/P6250011.JPG

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/sandy/P6250010.JPG

rzq6c8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood

I put "limo tint" on the back 5 of my 90 Fleetwood and it looks awesome. I think you should do that your 60 Special!.

Enjoy!

No, I prefer "stock". Other than my custom floor mats that I only used at shows, (the OEMs are in the trunk, upside down), the car is totally stock.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Yeah, I was gonna say that Sandy is probably the last person on here to modify any of his cars.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

COBlackZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Fleetwood Brougham, 2007 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by rzq6c8 View Post
    I put "limo tint" on the back 5 of my 90 Fleetwood and it looks awesome. I think you should do that your 60 Special!.

Enjoy!
    I did that. In fact I put limo tint on all the windows. My family and friends tell me it looks like an official mob vehicle now. But it definately works to keep the interior cooler and protected from exposure to the sun. And I like the looks.

-Patrick

Pics of that '92 DTS! Please!!!

Current:

Past:

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    Pics of that '92 DTS! Please!!!
    Sorry for the delay... been a busy week. Here she is: '92 Deville Touring Sedan. I picked her up last month with 114K on the clock.

As you can see, I've already gotten the windows tinted (limo tint). I've always loved the sportier wheels on the DTS. And look! No white walls to clean!

Those tan leather seats are very comfortable- almost as comfortable as the 22-way power seats in my Sixty Special ULTRA (have to add the ULTRA, or Sandy will post in to correct me. )

You can barely make it out from the view of the driver's seat, but if you look behind it, the back seats have the full headrests which I think is a nice addition. And yes, the moonroof has also been tinted.

jspeaect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Eldorado Biarritz, 1991 Sedan Deville

Wow! Very nice! You have a great combo of rare cars! Congrats! The tint looks great too. Looks like it has the right equipment on it too! The astroroof is awesome to find! Seeing the DTS makes me want a white one to go along with my sixty (along with a white fleetwood coupe too!)

Holy moly that's a sweet color combo...monotone Carmine Red with saddle colored leather! I think of all the 91-93 Fleetwoods/deVilles and Sixty Specials, the Touring Sedan is my favorite. Where'd you find one of them? I looked high and low for one before I bought my deVille and only found one in my area and it had like 170,000 on it, which was way more than I wanted, and it was kinda beat up. Now the leather used in that car is a higher grade leather than the stuff they used in the regular deVilles, but it wasn't the same stuff as they used in the S.S. Ultras....is there a big difference in the feel of the two different leathers? And is there a big difference in the handling /performance charteristics between the Sixty Special and Touring Sedan?

Current:

Past:

Quote Originally Posted by jspeaect View Post
    Wow! Very nice! You have a great combo of rare cars! Congrats! The tint looks great too. Looks like it has the right equipment on it too! The astroroof is awesome to find! Seeing the DTS makes me want a white one to go along with my sixty (along with a white fleetwood coupe too!)
    Holy moly that's a sweet color combo...monotone Carmine Red with saddle colored leather! I think of all the 91-93 Fleetwoods/deVilles and Sixty Specials, the Touring Sedan is my favorite.
    Thank you both!

Where'd you find one of them? I looked high and low for one before I bought my deVille and only found one in my area and it had like 170,000 on it, which was way more than I wanted, and it was kinda beat up. Now the leather used in that car is a higher grade leather than the stuff they used in the regular deVilles, but it wasn't the same stuff as they used in the S.S. Ultras....is there a big difference in the feel of the two different leathers? And is there a big difference in the handling /performance charteristics between the Sixty Special and Touring Sedan?
    I found this one in Iowa. It was listed on Autotrader, and I had a friend who lives about an hour away go check it out.

There is a difference in the quality of the leathers. The SS Ultra has a very supple quality to it. The DTS feels a bit thicker. The shape of the seats is also a bit different. In the SS Ultra, the 22-way seat molds itself around you a bit better. The DTS' seats feel a bit wider and more firm.

As to a difference in handling, no, I haven't really noticed a perceptible difference in ride quality. They are both fine cars.

-Patrick

jspeaect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Eldorado Biarritz, 1991 Sedan Deville

"There is a difference in the quality of the leathers. The SS Ultra has a very supple quality to it. The DTS feels a bit thicker. The shape of the seats is also a bit different. In the SS Ultra, the 22-way seat molds itself around you a bit better. The DTS' seats feel a bit wider and more firm."

Ya know, the feel of the "ultra soft" leather in the ultra interiors does have a great feel and aroma. Mine...not unlike yours still looks great, but I always think of the early 90's Riviera's that have the same "ultra soft" leather. I've seen so many of them that seem to be so prematurely wore. It worries me that ours will do the same, but maybe it just comes down to how they are treated. I wonder if there is any possibility that they put a higher quality in the Cads...they do smell the same though. When I got my 60, I couldn't figure out why I recognized the smell...finally realized it took me back to my Grandparents new 90 Riviera...smelled identical.

Quote Originally Posted by jspeaect View Post
    Ya know, the feel of the "ultra soft" leather in the ultra interiors does have a great feel and aroma. Mine...not unlike yours still looks great, but I always think of the early 90's Riviera's that have the same "ultra soft" leather. I've seen so many of them that seem to be so prematurely wore. It worries me that ours will do the same, but maybe it just comes down to how they are treated. I wonder if there is any possibility that they put a higher quality in the Cads...they do smell the same though. When I got my 60, I couldn't figure out why I recognized the smell...finally realized it took me back to my Grandparents new 90 Riviera...smelled identical.
    Sandy would be the expert on fit and finish for Sixty Special interiors. They do definately feel like a better grade of fabric than was applied to early '90s Devilles.

As for leather care, Sandy has a recipe he uses that I've tried. Seems to work well. Let me see if I can find a link to that thread where he explains it...

Found it. CLICK!

It's a bit long, but if you read through it all, you'll start getting to the positive feedback from folks who've tried it.

Patrick, very nice automobiles.
    Now, you are in a posistion to figure out something that I cannot figure out.

In all 1993 printed materials, there was NEVER any mention under standard equipment, of the 60 Special having front seatBACK "pockets" ~ yet, every Sixty Special had them. HOWEVER, the Sixty Special ULTRA had a different design front seatback pocket and "Front SeatBACK Storage Pockets were listed on every listing of ULTRA exclusive standard equipment.
    To see what the 1993 Sixty Special ones looked like - look at your red car, or the pic of my plum car. To see what the Sixty Special ULTRA ones look like, look at your black car.

Yes, I co not care for Limo Tint, other than that I love your cars, esspecially the ULTRA.

Now, regarding the leather. It's the "ULTRA Collection" from
    EAGLE OTTAWA LEATHER COMPANY
    200 N. Beechtree
    Grand Haven, Michigan 49417
    616-842-4000

Who supplies GM with much of its Leather. The ULTRA collection is extra soft and supple. Because of the nature of leather the stiffer and thicked it is, the longer it will retail its original look. The thinner, softer leathers, such as up level Caddys & Lincolns too, will crack ("folds in the leather") sooner, Frequently when two cracks cross, the color pigmentation will flake off, leaving an unsightly mess.

So.... It's choice of soft & comfy and will last 3 years perfect, 3 years so-so and crappy by year 7. (OR) Long lasting, (perhaps 10 years) and hard and stiff (Get mind offa sex!)

So, Patrick look at your car's seatback pockets and explain to me why your 60 has them & your Touring does NOT ?! ?! MY POCKETS CAN BE VIEWED HERE
    http://www.smatarese.com/forum/sandy/P6250002.JPG

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.